Prometheus mural (Spoilers)

#1Black HowlingPosted 6/6/2012 8:54:26 AM
If the creation of the Xenomorphs wasn't due to the Space Jockey's bioweapons division, and instead, a series of unforeseen genetic 'accidents'. Why was there clearly a Xenomorph on the mural in the bioweapons containment room on their ship?

Am I missing something?
---
Life is a dream wrapped in a convenient lie.
#2AwesomePosted 6/6/2012 9:00:58 AM
No, there were Xenomorphs before so maybe in the next two movies they will go into that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/eSgtq.gif http://i.imgur.com/B73zj.gif
http://i.imgur.com/UO3Qy.gif http://i.imgur.com/eU0yQ.gif
#3__Darujhistan__Posted 6/6/2012 9:07:23 AM
If the creation of the Xenomorphs wasn't due to the Space Jockey's bioweapons division, and instead, a series of unforeseen genetic 'accidents'.

I think the creation of the Xenomorphs WAS the intent of the Engineer's "bio weapons division". The problem was that they were unable to contain it.
---
She did NOT sit on my face. -Clint Eastwood
#4Black Howling(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2012 10:09:05 AM
So maybe that's what Holloway was turning into, then? His head was getting pretty huge, and he did plant the squid hugger thing in Shaw. I take it that particular contaminant room was where they kept the genetic strain that turned organisms into Xenos - hence the mural.

Okay, my mind is sound. Thanks.
---
#5__Darujhistan__Posted 6/6/2012 10:12:13 AM
Black Howling posted...
So maybe that's what Holloway was turning into, then? His head was getting pretty huge, and he did plant the squid hugger thing in Shaw. I take it that particular contaminant room was where they kept the genetic strain that turned organisms into Xenos - hence the mural.

Okay, my mind is sound. Thanks.

I don't really think so. I assume Holloway was turning into a zombie thingamajig like Fifield.
---
#6Black Howling(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2012 10:45:33 AM
*mind crumbles into dust*
---
#7Metriod42Posted 6/6/2012 12:41:37 PM
The Xenomorphs could already be made and somewhere else. This ship may be up to something else completely.
---
Spoooooooon-The Tick
That tall drink of water with the silver spoon up his ***." -Red, The Shawshank Redemption
#8A7xdPosted 6/6/2012 12:52:27 PM
The theory is that the xenomorphs depicted in the mural are a different type of creature than the one in Alien. Biologically it's still a xenomorph but for some reason the Engineers worship it and their genetic experiments were delving into attempting to recreate this creature.
#9mvillanueva88Posted 6/6/2012 2:49:26 PM
A7xd posted...
The theory is that the xenomorphs depicted in the mural are a different type of creature than the one in Alien. Biologically it's still a xenomorph but for some reason the Engineers worship it and their genetic experiments were delving into attempting to recreate this creature.

This. Listen to David and Holloways conversation at the pool table. It's the key to whole movie. What if you found out the reason you were made was not a profound one? Basically humans were created as fodder for the Xenomorphs. Not just to wipe out a planet, but to bring forth a deity. At least that's wha the SJs think they are. But, since life is full of dissapoinments, these deities are not what they think they are. Ridley wants you to think about your creation and if you really want to know why you were made.
---
Sam and Robert are the hitch-hikers on the road.
--Necronomicon incantation (The Evil Dead)
#10__Darujhistan__Posted 6/6/2012 3:01:57 PM
This. Listen to David and Holloways conversation at the pool table. It's the key to whole movie. What if you found out the reason you were made was not a profound one? Basically humans were created as fodder for the Xenomorphs. Not just to wipe out a planet, but to bring forth a deity. At least that's wha the SJs think they are. But, since life is full of dissapoinments, these deities are not what they think they are. Ridley wants you to think about your creation and if you really want to know why you were made.

Is this a theory or is actually something Lindelof or Scott have stated? It sounds eerily plausible.
---