wow..Sherlock Holmes 2 was awful

#1MageGuyInfinityPosted 12/19/2011 8:20:29 AM
I'm a SH fan, but I couldn't care less if the movie stays true to the book or whatever. As long as the movie is enjoyable, then it is a great movie. But this one was really bad.

There was no mystery or suspense whatsoever. The characters felt like they were never in danger. The action sequences are really badly done. There were too many quick cuts, so you can't really see what's going on. A lot of the action had the camera way to close to the characters, so you have no frame of reference for what's going on.
---
Do not support the racism that is Resident Evil 5
#2redalert62386Posted 12/19/2011 10:42:12 AM
A couple things I didn't like about the movie:

I thought there was too much action. I guess it wouldn't have been so bad if it was actually done well. Some of it was fine but all of the slo-mo got old really quick.

And did anyone else think that RDJ was a bit too zany in this movie? The way he was talking, so exaggerated, it was almost like he was a parody of himself from the first movie. My brother had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned this (he loved the movie). It just felt...off. Just my opinion.

I did like the movie, overall, but I was disappointed. The best part of the entire movie was easily the final "showdown" at the end and, then, the ending itself. Although I almost wish there was a bit more ambiguity.
---
"As a man in a relationship, you can either be right, or you can be happy."
#3megamanzero1000Posted 12/19/2011 1:29:13 PM
RDJ always plays the same character in movies, namely himself.
---
"I'll see you guys at dinner"
#4XeroPosted 12/19/2011 1:47:15 PM
tropic thunder
---
"But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match move by move the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars" GT deadpool38
#5The_Silent_1Posted 12/19/2011 1:56:22 PM
The only part I really liked was the last confrontation between Holmes and Moriarty. I liked watching the two men play out the battle in their heads and the nod to the books with both of them falling into the water while fighting.
#6some09guy IIPosted 12/19/2011 2:52:23 PM
Sounds like the Captain Jacked RDJ's Holmes.
#7Shadow CloudPosted 12/19/2011 3:26:30 PM
redalert62386 posted...
A couple things I didn't like about the movie:

I thought there was too much action. I guess it wouldn't have been so bad if it was actually done well. Some of it was fine but all of the slo-mo got old really quick.

And did anyone else think that RDJ was a bit too zany in this movie? The way he was talking, so exaggerated, it was almost like he was a parody of himself from the first movie. My brother had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned this (he loved the movie). It just felt...off. Just my opinion.

I did like the movie, overall, but I was disappointed. The best part of the entire movie was easily the final "showdown" at the end and, then, the ending itself. Although I almost wish there was a bit more ambiguity.

I feel the exact same you do. Maybe it's just me, but the plot feels a bit more convoluted than the last one. The first one felt thrilling with the story alone because of the whole "does Blackwood have supernatural powers" angle.

Noomi Raplace also didn't seem to do much in this movie as oppose to Irene in the first.
#8CerebornPosted 12/20/2011 8:42:47 PM
I agree about the lack of mystery, but there was plenty of suspense.

I can't understand what's not to like about the action scenes.
---
http://oi39.tinypic.com/2howz6f.jpg
Singer, dancer, goddess.
#9donttrysohardPosted 12/21/2011 4:13:43 AM
I liked the movie but I never followed the books so it may not be the Holmes people expected/wanted

It was entertaining for me though
---
GT: DontTrySoHard
BEST.AD.EVER - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCvIw7DMHXc
#10The Silver NoblePosted 12/22/2011 9:29:34 AM
I wouldn't say it was awful, but it wasn't very good.

My main issue was a bit different from yours though- it didn't feel much like a Sherlock Holmes movie at all. Like you said, there was no real mystery. It felt more like James Bond in the 19th century to me.
---
GT: TheSilverNoble
Every now and then, a man's mind is stretched by a new idea or sensation and never returns to its former dimensions. (Excuse the typos)