Uhhh peeta's leg? *hunger games book and movie spoilers*

#1Jesus_S_PrestonPosted 3/31/2012 6:29:42 PM
So I just got back from THG and I was pretty surprised to see that Peeta doesn't get his leg amputated like in the book.

I haven't read the other two books, but that seems like a big thing to cut out.
---
"There's nothing like curling up under covers with rain outside and a fireplace in the fire and reading a Jesus_S_Preston topic."-WannaBuyADuck
#2lemondrop7Posted 3/31/2012 6:35:38 PM
without seeing the movie or reading the next 2 books, i would assume his amputation will be an opening scene of the next movie to kickstart things...that, or its been eliminated because the movie is aimed at teenage girls and making one of the male leads "physically deformed", even if it isnt transparent, isn't a great business decision
---
www.google.com
#3Game1ngAssass1nPosted 3/31/2012 6:36:01 PM
Woah...didn't know that...

I never read the book...
---
When I was 8 years old, my neighbor's dog kept poping on my yard. So one day I poped on his yard.
#4jmat2715Posted 3/31/2012 6:51:53 PM
Not really. It would just be adding an extra scene. And seeing as they had to cut out a bunch of stuff anyway that would be one of the least important things to carry over. What difference does it make? He got a new leg anyway.
---
Proud fan of the Super Bowl XLV Champions. Green and Yellow. Green and Yellow. Green and Yellow. Green and Yellow.
#5leumas_maximusPosted 3/31/2012 7:05:20 PM
He gets a prosthetic leg anyways, and then they proceed to bring it up like two more times throughout the entire series. It's not a big deal to leave that detail out.
---
"The quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in." - Zapp Brannigan
http://www.last.fm/user/leumas_maximus
#6Jesus_S_Preston(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2012 7:10:56 PM
leumas_maximus posted...
He gets a prosthetic leg anyways, and then they proceed to bring it up like two more times throughout the entire series. It's not a big deal to leave that detail out.

Oh, okay. Like I said I've only read the first one so I just assumed him having a prosthetic leg/cane was relevant.
---
"There's nothing like curling up under covers with rain outside and a fireplace in the fire and reading a Jesus_S_Preston topic."-WannaBuyADuck
#7Jump_Man7Posted 3/31/2012 7:51:57 PM
Its not really a big deal in the books anyways
---
Make your peace with whatever the gods worship. The end is near.
Slaves Would Be Tyrants Were the Chance Theirs
#8chris1001 the sequelPosted 3/31/2012 8:23:10 PM
The leg thing almost never came up, except being referenced in passing. I can understand why it was cut. Would have ate up time and money for something that doesn't really have any effect on the main plot.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#9shadestreetPosted 4/1/2012 2:37:43 PM
I think the advanced technolgy of the Capital makes the severity of a leg amputation about as big of a deal as Luke losing his hand in Star Wars.
#10hiiiipowerPosted 4/1/2012 2:45:51 PM
ITs not a big deal LOL what a guy read the book kid