How early should I arrive for the midnight release for The Dark Knight Rises?

#1SonicZackPosted 6/18/2012 1:29:56 PM
I haven't been to a midnight showing since Revenge of the Sith. Which was in a smaller town (about 60,000) and I arrived at 9pm for that one. I got my ticket for The Dark Knight Rises last week and am seeing it a theater near my university I attend (Ohio State) so its in a major city.
---
[This Signature Intentionally Left Blank]
#2AZZ666Posted 6/18/2012 1:43:27 PM
Go now.
#3SonicZack(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 1:44:32 PM
AZZ666 posted...
Go now.

Well its a month away, and I also have a job that I am obligated too.
---
#4AZZ666Posted 6/18/2012 1:48:19 PM
Take a paid vacation, you deserve it.
#5SonicZack(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 1:55:45 PM
AZZ666 posted...
Take a paid vacation, you deserve it.

I just took one of them a week and a half ago. Spent almost all of it with the girlfriend. With the exception of a couple days (I was off 11 and spent 7 with her) for final exams. I have another this year but I am saving it.
---
#6BBYCRUZPosted 6/18/2012 1:58:26 PM
It depends on where you live and what theater you will be going to. I live in Omaha, and I will be going to AMC. They will probably have it on at least 8 screens (They had Hunger games on over 10). I'm going to show up around 10-10:30ish, I'll prolly have great seats at that time. After 11 it will start getting harder to find a good spot, depending on how many people you are going with.
---
"I have a job. It's called being awesome...full-time."
#7muzzlefacePosted 6/18/2012 2:00:57 PM
No later than 10 for me. I live in the Washington DC area and I usually roll in around 10:30 to 11 for big midnight releases. I've usually gotten good seats with the exception of HP7P2 which was the craziest midnight release I've been to. I don't know how crazy TDKR will be but I plan to get there around 9-10.
#8wedgeskywalker9Posted 6/18/2012 2:26:24 PM
Call the theater you're planning on going to and ask them when they think the line will start to form. Show up an hour or so after that.
---
Official Iron Man of C&GN
"I use hand grenades for the Piccaso look." - Kroguys on home decoration in Fallout 3
#9SonicZack(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 2:56:39 PM
BBYCRUZ posted...
It depends on where you live and what theater you will be going to. I live in Omaha, and I will be going to AMC. They will probably have it on at least 8 screens (They had Hunger games on over 10). I'm going to show up around 10-10:30ish, I'll prolly have great seats at that time. After 11 it will start getting harder to find a good spot, depending on how many people you are going with.

I'm seeing at an AMC in Columbus, OH and the theater is really close to my university, which has 65,000 students. I think there will be a lot of screens showing it. I'm going with up to 2 other people probably. Still waiting to find out if they are getting tickets or going out of town.
---
#10TheRatedR_ViperPosted 6/18/2012 3:42:36 PM(edited)
11:45 because I get handicapped seating and don't mind having to get a manager to force rude jackasses to move
---
Life... dreams... hope... Where'd they come from? And where are they headed...? These things... I'm going to DESTROY!- Kefka