Missing Scenes in the 3rd Act of Amazing Spider-Man (Spoilers)

#1andrewl923Posted 7/7/2012 1:51:04 PM
I saw this movie twice so far, and really enjoyed it. But I can't help feel that the movie are missing scenes that would explain why this movie felt rushed in the end for me.

-Day to Night
After the school fight, the Lizards escapes and Spidey goes in the tunnel to look for him. Spidey ends up finding the master plan of turning the city in to Lizard peoples. The next scene was Lizard in the middle of the night with a lab coat and getting shot up. That really made no sense to me as it was day time when they fought in the day time at school, but some how become full night time when Lizard emerge again. Of course Spidey could have took hours to find the sewer lab, but I doubt that.

-Lab Coat
Also, how did the Lizard end up in a lab coat again? He ripped off at the school scene, but when he emerge again, he has on a freshly ripped lab coat. This must mean that Connor transformed back to human first, then back to being the Lizard.

-Warning Gwen
Peter spent forever waiting to call Gwen to warn her about the Lizard going to Oscorp. Why didn't he call her in the sewer when he found his plan? His phone was clearly working as he was talking to Gwen right before he found the lab. His phone couldn't have the no battery excuse as he called her in his next scene. Why did he waited until he got out of the Sewer in the middle of night to this?

-Lizard PoPo and Lizard's master plan
The Lizard turned them in to reptiles. Why? In the movie, they served no purpose to the plot. We didn't see them attack Spidey or any other cops. In fact in the movie, we see how weak the gas made them. The next time we see these Lizard Men, they were on the ground transforming back into humans. That was Lizard's master plan? Maybe they didn't have enough time to fully transform. But even if they did turn in to Lizard men, what guarantees them that they would serve until Connors' command?

-Lizard Making it to Oscorp
Other than getting shot up twice and turning those shooters in Lizard Men, he had a relatively easy path to Oscorp. Would the Police really spend more time catching Spidey than the 10 foot Lizard with biological weapons terrorizing New York? Also why is there only one cop, Stacy, who made it to Oscorp? Where are all the other SWATS that was shooting Spidey earlier?

Lizard Saving Falling Spider-Man
Why would he do that? Spidey ruined your plan and defeating you. But somehow you ending up saving him. That goes against the character personality that was introduced in the movie. Connors might be a good guy inside, but they never shown it in the movie.

Indian Scientist Dude
What happened to him?

Continue......
#2andrewl923(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 1:51:33 PM
Continued.....

IMO There were at least two missing scene and these are my speculation of what those scenes are
-Scene 1
There has to be a scene right after Peter finds Lizard's master plan. The Lizard, probably in Connors form, could have had a inner dialog scene similar to Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Smeagol. They could shown him fighting against the Lizard plan and Spidey witnessing it. They could also shown him having trouble staying human and him begging Spidey to save him. Could even drop mention of his family. At least the audience knows that he still has some good in him and gives him a reason to catch Spidey in the end. Lizard could have taken over Connors by transforming without the serum and explain his master plan in more detail. Maybe he could drop a line saying he could control all reptiles like in the comic. Explains why he turn the SWAT men in to Lizard people and why has a new lab coat. They could having end the scene with the Lizard knocking Spidey out. It explains the delay between him warning Gwen and why he took so long to catch up.

Maybe this is the scene in the trailer where Connors say "learn the truth about your parents"

-Scene 2
Lizard Men attacking other cops and/or Spidey. I can't think of other reason of why they introduced them. This explain why the Lizard had no trouble getting to Oscorp as the Lizard men are distracting the other SWAT member. This could also explain why Spidey got tased as he could be tired from fighting them.

Of course, these are just my guesses and I could be wrong. But it explains my problems with the 3rd act. But I still cannot explain the Indian Scientist and where he fits in.
#3SeriyahPosted 7/7/2012 1:52:25 PM
The lizard must go through a ton of lab coats
#4LethalAffinityPosted 7/7/2012 2:03:21 PM
Connors really needed more development after his first transformation.
---
http://oi48.tinypic.com/mw9stv.jpg http://oi47.tinypic.com/53mhbd.jpg
Six-stringed piece of furniture.
#5TheDoctorIslnPosted 7/7/2012 2:16:01 PM
andrewl923 posted...
I saw this movie twice so far, and really enjoyed it. But I can't help feel that the movie are missing scenes that would explain why this movie felt rushed in the end for me.

-Day to Night
After the school fight, the Lizards escapes and Spidey goes in the tunnel to look for him. Spidey ends up finding the master plan of turning the city in to Lizard peoples. The next scene was Lizard in the middle of the night with a lab coat and getting shot up. That really made no sense to me as it was day time when they fought in the day time at school, but some how become full night time when Lizard emerge again. Of course Spidey could have took hours to find the sewer lab, but I doubt that.

-Lab Coat
Also, how did the Lizard end up in a lab coat again? He ripped off at the school scene, but when he emerge again, he has on a freshly ripped lab coat. This must mean that Connor transformed back to human first, then back to being the Lizard.

-Warning Gwen
Peter spent forever waiting to call Gwen to warn her about the Lizard going to Oscorp. Why didn't he call her in the sewer when he found his plan? His phone was clearly working as he was talking to Gwen right before he found the lab. His phone couldn't have the no battery excuse as he called her in his next scene. Why did he waited until he got out of the Sewer in the middle of night to this?

-Lizard PoPo and Lizard's master plan
The Lizard turned them in to reptiles. Why? In the movie, they served no purpose to the plot. We didn't see them attack Spidey or any other cops. In fact in the movie, we see how weak the gas made them. The next time we see these Lizard Men, they were on the ground transforming back into humans. That was Lizard's master plan? Maybe they didn't have enough time to fully transform. But even if they did turn in to Lizard men, what guarantees them that they would serve until Connors' command?

Other than getting shot up twice and turning those shooters in Lizard Men, he had a relatively easy path to Oscorp. Would the Police really spend more time catching Spidey than the 10 foot Lizard with biological weapons terrorizing New York? Also why is there only one cop, Stacy, who made it to Oscorp? Where are all the other SWATS that was shooting Spidey earlier?

Why would he do that? Spidey ruined your plan and defeating you. But somehow you ending up saving him. That goes against the character personality that was introduced in the movie. Connors might be a good guy inside, but they never shown it in the movie.

Indian Scientist Dude
What happened to him?

Continue......

Er, they explained Conner's motivation in the movie. As The Lizard, he viewed Humans as a species to be weak and he wanted to better mankind. He wondered why people should stay human if they could just become The Lizard and become faster, stronger, smarter and also able to regenerate limbs at will.
#6Lgoron12Posted 7/7/2012 3:26:18 PM
i was looking forward to the line "if you want the truth about you parents peter, come and get it."

But they never said it :/
---
http://i25.tinypic.com/b6f18p.gif Xbox Live GT: Lgoron12
In Loving Memory of Charles "Big Samus" Abel - Sept 3rd 2009
#7andrewl923(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 3:50:11 PM
^ Also the chalkboard scene too.
#898_0_HeatPosted 7/7/2012 4:03:07 PM
I knew I wan't crazy, I never heard the line about "do you think what happened to you was an accident"
---
Even if I did bandwagon the Heat, no one reps the Eleat as hard as me. I bleed red boy!.
"southalabama" - Uhhh.Everyone bleeds red.
#9Lgoron12Posted 7/7/2012 8:42:00 PM
I knew I wan't crazy, I never heard the line about "do you think what happened to you was an accident"

THAT TOO. what the hell was that about...
---
http://i25.tinypic.com/b6f18p.gif Xbox Live GT: Lgoron12
In Loving Memory of Charles "Big Samus" Abel - Sept 3rd 2009
#10TribeePosted 7/7/2012 9:17:02 PM
Yeah, I watched it twice too and pay attention on details I didnít catch. I cannot directly answer each one but I will give you my speculation.

-Lab Coat

He went back to the sewer to get his serums. He might as well grab a lab coat to make him feel as if he was a scientist trying to save the world.

-Warning Gwen

Iím guessing reception problems when he got deeper into the sewer.

This one pissed me off the second time. I believe Captain Stacey still didnít believe there was a real giant lizard walking around. He figure a SWAT team is good enough to take down the ďLizardĒ which it did but they were not aware of his regen powers.

Conner has always been good. He just got really desperate and let the over dose control him and his mind. When Spider man switched the serum, the gas was blue and cure Conner, he returned to his normal self. Of course, there should have been more development.

Indian Scientist Dude
What happened to him?

This part actually got cut. Someone posted a link about the deleted scenes. Search through this board about it
---
"Your objective is to win the game. The game's objective is to piss you off!" -Ed