Am I the only one who didn't love Bane? (spoilers)

#11DoctorDoom80Posted 7/21/2012 4:49:29 PM
JohnnyShred612 posted...
Anyone who walked away with the impression that Bane was just some muscle Talia was using wasn't paying attention. He was very clearly at the LEAST an equal-share partner, if not still more or less the mastermind.

She was his girlfriend basically.
---
Battle.net Tag (Diablo III): DoctorDoom#1357
Orion: Level 60 Demon Hunter
#12InfiniterranPosted 7/21/2012 4:50:47 PM
What was he the mastermind of? Punching people? Everything he did was so mute compare to Joker's brilliant schemes.
---
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=9515287
I want one of these
#13JohnnyShred612Posted 7/21/2012 4:51:14 PM
Infiniterran posted...
No one who isn't a diehard batman/comic book fan walked away from that thinking he was a fascinating or well-acted character

Can I see the results of your survey of everyone who saw the movie that isn't a diehard batman/comic book fan? Even the survey you took of your one single showing's crowd? Anything?

Because the response has been overwhelmingly positive from what I've noticed, but clearly no one who isn't a fanboy liked Bane according to your study.
---
Diablo 3 BattleTag: Forte#1777
#14Raze_da_KitsunePosted 7/21/2012 4:53:02 PM
There's no way Bane was the mastermind. The only reason he was even around was because of Talia.
---
Julio Jones with the cement hands. - Dathrowed1
I am the paragon of humanity. You may worship me.....from afar...
#15HighOnPhazonPosted 7/21/2012 4:54:23 PM
Infiniterran posted...
What was he the mastermind of? Punching people? Everything he did was so mute compare to Joker's brilliant schemes.

Because his utter devastation and chaos of the ENTIRE CITY of Gotham wasn't brilliant?
He basically turned the city into a society of anarchy with an expiration date, all for the purpose of making the people, and Bruce Wayne suffer as it decays from the inside.
---
GT: AncientToaster
FISH FISH, PASTA PASTA, FISH FISH, PASTA PASTA
#16JohnnyShred612Posted 7/21/2012 4:59:07 PM(edited)
Infiniterran posted...

dot dot dot

-Crashing a plane that he was on and still getting out alive

-Replacing the doctor he took alive with a corpse and transferring the doctor's blood to said corpse so that people would think the doctor was dead when they did DNA testing (cinematically "mastermind-ful" if not scientifically accurate 100%)

-Infiltrated a business as low-key as cement production in order to lace Gotham with explosives and shut them off from the rest of the world

-Destroy an entire football stadium

-Kill the mayor

-Stage a hostile takeover of the country's most prominent city

-Raided Wall Street and ran the stock exchange

-Bankrupted Bruce Wayne

-The nuke thing in the first place

-etc.

I mean, I could go on and on. There is nothing to indicate that those were all Talia's ideas. If anything, the way he dealt with people showcased his intelligence and indicated to me that the plan probably went more like:

Talia: Hey, it'd be great if we could avenge my father's death and blow up this awful city

Bane: Sounds fun, I'll handle Gotham and get Batman out of the way.

Talia: OOOOH, and I can get in with Batman in case he's a problem and get us access to a bomb!

Bane: SWEET
---
#17JohnnyShred612Posted 7/21/2012 4:58:18 PM
Raze_da_Kitsune posted...
There's no way Bane was the mastermind. The only reason he was even around was because of Talia.

The only reason Talia was even around was because of Bane, technically. He was not just some strong-man, he was extremely articulate and manipulated pretty savvy people like Daggett without issue.
---
#18Perro_InsanoPosted 7/21/2012 4:59:29 PM
Bane was easily the weakest villain in the trilogy. Heck, he was blown away like a common mook a few minutes after Talia was revealed to be the big bad. All that hype about Bane and he just ended up being the muscle for another one of Batman's less-than-physical female villains...
---
*barks*
#19Raze_da_KitsunePosted 7/21/2012 5:04:08 PM
JohnnyShred612 posted...

The only reason Talia was even around was because of Bane, technically. He was not just some strong-man, he was extremely articulate and manipulated pretty savvy people like Daggett without issue.

True. I'm not saying he was purely Talia's muscle. But he was her protector. In a moment of crisis, I believe he would have deferred to his care for her.

How ****ing old is Talia btw? She and Bane would have to have trained with the League at least 15-16 years before the TDKR's time.
---
Julio Jones with the cement hands. - Dathrowed1
I am the paragon of humanity. You may worship me.....from afar...
#20JohnnyShred612Posted 7/21/2012 5:05:33 PM
JohnnyShred612 posted...

True. I'm not saying he was purely Talia's muscle. But he was her protector. In a moment of crisis, I believe he would have deferred to his care for her.

Ehhh.... maybe. He was pretty quick to go "Well, f*** her" as soon as she left and was going to kill Batman against her wishes.
---