Who should be in The Avengers 2 (Besides the cast of The Avengers)?

#11BornIn1142Posted 8/8/2012 3:54:18 AM(edited)
Ant-Man, Wasp and Ms. Marvel.

ALLHALLOWEENEVE posted...
I am dreading the fact that it's probably going to get too comic booky with dumb obscure characters only readers would know.

Can you explain what difference that would make to the quality of the movie? Is a superhero movie somehow worse when it features characters you don't know about? Do you have a working brain?
---
"I'm afraid you can't create tragedy out of abnormal psychology." - Andrew Sarris.
#12NavexPosted 8/8/2012 4:09:46 AM
Some of you are hilarious; you whine and complain about some of these films being so bad and then you suggest a 1000 characters to clutter up future films. Yes, that's exactly what all of them need, more and more characters to make a clusterfilm.

Avengers really doesn't need more than possibly a few new characters to round them up, otherwise it's just going to get too convoluted. The first film barely managed to split the focus evenly on the the mains and supports there so a sequel having even more characters is just asking for trouble. Every character in Avengers had a link and a reason to be involved too, they weren't just thrown in for the hell of it so it'd come off pretty cheap to suddenly have a roster full of new characters coming in 'hai guyx whats new?'.
---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com
#13BornIn1142Posted 8/8/2012 4:12:32 AM
Navex posted...
Some of you are hilarious; you whine and complain about some of these films being so bad and then you suggest a 1000 characters to clutter up future films.

Who the hell are you even talking to?
---
"I'm afraid you can't create tragedy out of abnormal psychology." - Andrew Sarris.
#14Tom Clark(Moderator)Posted 8/8/2012 4:20:57 AM
Only add Ant Man.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kv4983P64N1qz8z2ro1_500.png
http://i.cr3ation.co.uk/dl/s1/gif/barlowweb1.gif
#15Damien747Posted 8/8/2012 7:33:42 AM
I would love to see Dr Strange, but his presence would pretty much be a deus ex machina.

Clark Gregg returning in the form of Vision would be awesome.
---
"Wow, Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper
#16WstonefiPosted 8/8/2012 7:40:04 AM
Obviously they're going to keep the core group of Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, and Thor. I could see them sidelining the secondary heroes Black Widow and Hawkeye, to make room for new teammates. If they kept them all and also added new ones, it could get very cluttered very easily - it's tough enough balancing a team of 6 and giving them all something to do. Any more than that would be nigh-impossible.

Ant-Man is probably guaranteed, since he has his own movie coming up and he's part of the original lineup. I really want to see Black Panther, but that's less likely.
#17pionearPosted 8/8/2012 7:46:25 AM
Clark Gregg returning in the form of Vision would be awesome

That would be a cool idea...but I want them to stick to that IM2 scene where they showed that map of the 'Meta' human heroes...so Black Panther and Namor/Sub Mariner in for me.

And It's pretty much a lock that ScarJo/Black Widow will return, since they supposed to be offering her 20mil. Plus this film needs a female to help attract other chicks to see this film.
#18SavottPosted 8/8/2012 8:18:15 AM
What's great about The Avengers is that every main character has had their own separate movie, so The Avengers movie itself doesn't need to focus on development all that much because they've already been developed in those other movies.

So with Avengers they can just focus on action or whatever, which is why it was such a great movie.

If they add new characters to Avengers 2, those characters would have their own movies as well, or be featured in existing movies, so having a bunch of them in Avengers 2 wouldn't be a problem.
---
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make the Xbox 360.
#19HeroebalPosted 8/8/2012 8:46:23 AM
I vote for Ms. Marvel played by Charlize Theron, Hancock was just on fx the other day and her character in that looked pretty darn close to a Ms.Marvel.

I say swap 2 or 3 character out from the first avenger team and swap 3 new ones in, and then show them being based in avengers towers (previously stark towers)

I say have Nick Fury, black widow, and Hawkeye branch out into a shield movie and swap in Ms. Marvel, Wasp, and Hank Pym

the first movie had a thor themed villain-Loki maybe the second can have a Captain America themed villain- Baron Zemo Maybe have thanos or the chitauri leader guy give Zemo the ionic energy needed to create wonder-man.

Avengers 1 cast:
Iron Man (RDJr)
Thor (hemsworth)
Captain America (Chris Evans)
Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)
Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner)
Black Widow (Scarlett Johanson)
Nick Fury (Samuel L. jackson)
Shield

Villians
Loki (Tom Hiddleston)
Chitauri

Avengers 2 cast
Iron Man (RDJr.)
Thor (Chris Hemsworth)
Captain America (Chris Evans)
Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)
Ms. Marvel (Charlize Theron)
Wasp (Amy Acker)
Ant-Man ( whomever they get for his movie)

villians: (masters of evil)
Baron Zemo (leader)
Fixer
Enchantress
Executioner
Songbird
Radioactive Man
Wonder Man
#20rockusPosted 8/8/2012 9:05:40 AM
ALLHALLOWEENEVE posted...
I am dreading the fact that it's probably going to get too comic booky with dumb obscure characters only readers would know.

Isn't that the whole point of introducing the characters to a new audience? I'm sure Hawkeye isn't that popular of a character.

Hank Pym is the first to come to mind that really has to be included. I would personally like to see Vision and Black Panther, and I sort of expect Panther to get his own movie sometime in the future to lead up to one of these. Though they really do need some other female characters in the mix. Wasp could be a good one, especially to accompany Pym and Ms. Marvel is the other big prominent Avengers female member I can think of though I think she would take a lot to work into a movie so I'm not certain how well that could be pulled off.
---
http://thetramp.dvdaf.com/