The Tesseract Timeline....... (Spoilers)

#1FadetooBlackPosted 9/26/2012 5:45:58 PM
I'm a little confused about the Tesseract's appearance in The Avengers... It was in Captain America's movie in the 40's, recovered in the 21st century by S.H.I.E.L.D., somehow still appeared in Thor's movie in present day, and um... That's where I get confused, did I miss something? How did it appear in Thor's movie AND the Avengers?

Its been awhile since I've seen the other films so I'm sure I missed a key detail... Like how it got back on earth from Thor's realm.
---
Rest in Piss
#2skatamaticsPosted 9/26/2012 5:56:02 PM
Thor was right before the Avengers.
---
the assassin of the slug
The Internet: Where all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.
#3CNashPosted 9/26/2012 6:33:11 PM
Timeline:

Captain America - The Tesseract is on Earth (we don't know who left it there) and is guarded by Mr. Filch from Harry Potter. The Red Skull steals it and makes super weaponry for his Nazi rejects. Captain America beats the Red Skull and the Tesseract is lost in the ocean.
Thor - In the intervening years, SHIELD find the Tesseract and study it, bringing in Stellan Skarsgard to help.
The Avengers - Loki appears and steals the Tesseract; he uses it to bring an army to Earth, and they are beaten by the Avengers. Thor takes Loki and the Tesseract back to Asgard.

---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#4kidpokerfanPosted 9/26/2012 6:38:07 PM
I'm pretty sure the Asgardians lost the Tesseract during their battle with the Frost Giants on Earth centuries ago. That's why it was in Norway to begin Captain America: The First Avenger.
#5FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 6:42:55 PM
But that's not right... I remember the Tesseract being in Asgard in Thor... Right? Didn't Loki see it in the chamber?
---
Rest in Piss
#6Fred_VIIPosted 9/26/2012 7:02:37 PM
I thought Howard Stark found it while searching for Cap (which in turn I thought Fury brought up in Avengers) at the end of First Avenger.

Are you sure that the object you are thinking of isn't the Casket of Eternal Winters, TC?
---
Great thing about this armor... Could be anybody inside...
*Virtual Grunt of the Digital Age*
#7FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 7:10:12 PM
It might be that... It sure looked like the tesseract. My bad.
---
Rest in Piss
#8bond21Posted 9/26/2012 7:12:54 PM
The Tesseract is only in the post-credit scene in Thor, it's not in the actual movie.
---
New York Knicks 2012/13 Champions CONFIRMED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeya7Y8JALo
#9TheVectorPosted 9/26/2012 7:25:43 PM
Fred_VII posted...
I thought Howard Stark found it while searching for Cap (which in turn I thought Fury brought up in Avengers) at the end of First Avenger.

Are you sure that the object you are thinking of isn't the Casket of Eternal Winters, TC?

This, Howard Stark did find it (while looking for Cap) and in IM 2, Fury tells Tony that Howard was a founder of SHIELD, hence a reason why SHIELD would have it in the first place

still prefer to call it the Cosmic Cube rather then the Tesseract, since that the real name of it
#10bond21Posted 9/26/2012 7:29:27 PM
Marvel likes to keep using the same Maguffin throughout multiple films.
---
New York Knicks 2012/13 Champions CONFIRMED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeya7Y8JALo