better comeback : Ben Affleck or Robert Downey Jr

#1GhettoFlipPosted 1/16/2013 9:49:33 PM
I say Ben Affleck
---
made in cali
#2nintendofrogPosted 1/16/2013 9:51:20 PM
I prefer Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and the Avengers to any of Affleck's films.

Gone Baby Gone is magnificent though, and he has incredible talent and could easily match it again someday, imo.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Nintendofrog
http://i.imgur.com/8ZyIg.gif
#3KillaBeAtPosted 1/16/2013 9:58:11 PM
RDJ came from much lower than Affleck did and came back in a much bigger way.

As an artist? Ben Affleck

As an entertainer? RDJ.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#4theRedDeathPosted 1/16/2013 9:59:36 PM
Ben Affleck was never really gone. He just had a period where everything he did was bad. But he was still working regularly.

---
---
Death comes for us all Oroku Saki, but something far worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be....without honor. -Master Splinter
#58f9g43k8ku7335pPosted 1/16/2013 10:12:19 PM
I don't consider what Affleck's done to be a comeback. He was never really gone. He's just found something he's better at doing.

Downey was kinda popular in the late 80's and early 90's, but then he faded into obscurity and now he's more popular than ever before.
#6Santo3485Posted 1/16/2013 10:51:52 PM
lol comparing BA to RDJ.

RdJ was in the gutter. His comeback is one of the greatest.

BA was just gone for awhile.
---
In theory there is no differens between theory and practice - but in practice, there is.
#7Nextgengamer666Posted 1/16/2013 11:11:56 PM
Ben Affleck came back from Gigli and some crap movies.
RDJ came back from one of the lowest pits of hell and triumphed.
---
"Tom Hardy's gangster made my gangster look like Mary Poppins." -Michael Caine
PSN: JaxsemReborn
#8SylindePosted 1/18/2013 4:41:18 PM
I say Ben Affleck, because he might not have come back from as low as RDJ but he accomplished more.

I like RDJ, but what did he do? he hit rock bottom, fixed his act, and returned to doing what he did best, acting, and though his movies were successful and that is reason enough to be proud, Affleck could stop directing tomorrow and leave a stronger legacy.
#9GhettoFlip(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 4:52:41 PM
Ben Affleck was never really gone. He just had a period where everything he did was bad. But he was still working regularly.

So was RDJ
---
made in cali
#10Black_ArchPosted 1/18/2013 4:57:06 PM
Robert Downey Jr. was a drug-addicted mess whom was written off as a has-been actor too damaged by scandal to ever work in Hollywood again.

Ben Affleck made some bad movies and sort of went under the radar for a while as he worked on other things besides acting.

Robert Downey Jr. definitely made a much better comeback.
---
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Give me Liberty, or give me Death! - Patrick Henry