Anyone else just refuse to buy stuff from the concession stands?

#1flagg2kplusPosted 4/19/2013 2:01:32 AM
I mean, unless Im on a date and I dont want to look like a cheap ass, I wont buy stuff from the obscenely overpriced concession stands.

Seriously 5 dollars for a soda? 8 bucks for popcorn?

Screw that.
---
Don't take life too seriously. You'll never make it out alive.
#2Together4lifePosted 4/19/2013 2:10:01 AM
flagg2kplus posted...
I mean, unless Im on a date and I dont want to look like a cheap ass, I wont buy stuff from the obscenely overpriced concession stands.

Seriously 5 dollars for a soda? 8 bucks for popcorn?

Screw that.

i agree
---
I buy houses anywhere in the United States.. email me at marcusbuyshouses@gmail.com
#3CheatumDaMidgetPosted 4/19/2013 2:23:49 AM
I buy stuff from my local theaters, stuff like pizza and beer. But at the multiplex no, the foods way to expensive.
---
Pokemon White FC - 2107 8842 3427
#4Billabong JoePosted 4/19/2013 3:30:43 AM(edited)
No, I know that concessions are the cinemas main form of income and I want to support them, plus it's more convenient then sneaking stuff in.
---
...and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
#5Cory_LevyPosted 4/19/2013 3:38:01 AM
I don't like to eat or drink anything while watching a movie. I think it distracts me and I want to focus on the film as much as possible. And yes, the prices are a little outrageous. I can only imagine how much money it costs a family to go to the theater these days. That has to be close to $50 with everything. If not more.

If I'm thirsty I might buy a bottle of water, but other than that I'm fine for two hours.
---
"Thrill me."
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfricyESxc1qbz2bjo1_1280.jpg
#6andrewl923Posted 4/19/2013 3:39:29 AM
I will buy a large Coke since they do refill in AMC. I'm usually in there for 3-5 movies.
#7Leonheart10587Posted 4/19/2013 6:37:03 AM
They have a full restaurant at my Cinemark 24. So anything you buy there you can carry it to the theater. Man I remember the Magic Johnson theaters, they had shrimp, chicken wings, biscuits.....hell it was a KFC inside those theaters.
#8glory of power metalPosted 4/19/2013 6:43:36 AM
Cory_Levy posted...
I don't like to eat or drink anything while watching a movie. I think it distracts me and I want to focus on the film as much as possible. And yes, the prices are a little outrageous. I can only imagine how much money it costs a family to go to the theater these days. That has to be close to $50 with everything. If not more.

If I'm thirsty I might buy a bottle of water, but other than that I'm fine for two hours.

This. And it annoys the **** out of me when I'm trying to enjoy a movie and all I hear is rustling plastic all around me. I know it's an issue on my end, people are expected to snack during a movie, but it drives me nuts and I want nothing to do with it.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | 650W | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#9DSdude19Posted 4/19/2013 6:59:22 AM
I tend to avoid it for the most part. Now that I'm married, though, my wife loves to share a large popcorn with me, so I'll spoil her every now and then.

The only times I do buy concessions is when we go to our local Drive In. They're a mom and pop business, and I definitely want to support one of the last drive ins in our state.
---
Wii U Nintendo ID: Zanzenburger
http://i.imgur.com/sk1nw.gif Zanzenburgers given: 240
#10DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 4/19/2013 7:12:12 AM
I don't buy drinks because I don't go to the bathroom during a movie. If I got a drink, I'd most likely have to either go or be distracted by how uncomfortable I was by the end.

And I don't buy popcorn because what's the point of popcorn without soda?;)
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."