Would Man of Steel be appropriate for my nearly 7-year-old daughter? *spoilers?*

#21Plasma_ReturnsPosted 6/19/2013 11:43:04 AM
There is a difference between 7 year old boys who actually like superheros and 7 year old girls. I would say 7 is too young for a pg13 movie for both. Its very boring at times with a lot of adult situations. Then there is the violence that I don't think 7 year olds should be watching.

You're acting as if it's the Godfather, it's ****ing Superman. Not to mention TC says the daughter already saw The Avengers.
---
... and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.'
#22karellan1978Posted 6/19/2013 2:32:22 PM
I wonder if any of the people weighing in on this discussion have kids.

Personally, I think 7 is kind of borderline. It probably depends a lot on the kid. Some are mature enough to handle it at that age, but others aren't quite there yet. In fact, I would argue that most aren't quite there yet, but I'm probably in the minority on that one.
#23Filipino RebellionPosted 6/19/2013 2:50:54 PM
my psychology professor took his 7 year old daughter to go see 8 mile when it first came out.
#24SGamePosted 6/20/2013 12:12:55 AM
Plasma_Returns posted...
There is a difference between 7 year old boys who actually like superheros and 7 year old girls. I would say 7 is too young for a pg13 movie for both. Its very boring at times with a lot of adult situations. Then there is the violence that I don't think 7 year olds should be watching.

You're acting as if it's the Godfather, it's ****ing Superman. Not to mention TC says the daughter already saw The Avengers.

Star Wars is a kids movie. Oz is a kids movie. The Last Guardians is a kids movie. The Avengers is pretty much a kids movie. Superman was much more adult than any of those movies and I just think it is a little much for a 7 year old.
---
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi"- Jango Fett
#25BedmanPosted 6/20/2013 1:01:02 AM
I'd say it's on par with The Avengers. Personally, the one thing I was most worried about for the younger viewers / squeamish was where Lois gets shanked by a security robot and Superman has to cauterize her internal bleeding with his laser vision. It doesn't show much (if any) blood, and you don't see her flesh burning, but knowing that it's happening and seeing her writhing on the ground was pretty horrifying.
---
Bedman: Mattress of the Universe
#26Matt_Man_2004Posted 6/20/2013 4:47:21 AM
I don't think it's especially inappropriate but I think she'd probably find it boring.
#27The Top CrusaderPosted 6/20/2013 1:19:20 PM
Plasma_Returns posted...

Anyway, your decision is asinine.

Heaven forbid someone try to be a good parent.
---
----
-----
#28bob_rulzPosted 6/21/2013 12:16:38 AM
47rox posted...
Archaic101 posted...
Got it. Probably a bit too young, then. Thanks for the input.

Yeah, there is literally a line about measureing dicks spoken by an army guy

Yeah and no 7-year old would even understand what they were talking about.

That said, almost 7 is pushing it for this movie. Even though they don't show civilians getting killed or limbs getting torn off, the action is very intense and it gets a bit dark. The action in The Avengers was a lot, um, lighter I guess?
---
Just as some people read the Bible or the Quoran and think, this is religion, so do people look upon Lando Calrissian and think, that is a pimp. -bladedhalo
#29bob_rulzPosted 6/21/2013 12:17:57 AM
And The Avengers had a lot more humor, too.

Man of Steel is definitely more adult than The Avengers.
---
Just as some people read the Bible or the Quoran and think, this is religion, so do people look upon Lando Calrissian and think, that is a pimp. -bladedhalo
#30htaeDPosted 6/21/2013 1:09:55 AM
Supes also vomits up some blood at some point
---
BW FC: 2975 8572 1677