Multiple Movies In One Day?

#1CyberJigsawPosted 7/2/2013 1:38:29 AM
Have you ever seen two or more movies at the theater in the same day? I've come close to doing it a few times before but ultimately never do due to money and time reasons, but I probably will one day. There's been many times when multiple movies are out at the same time that I want to see and usually I just see them over the span of the weekend.
#2EricDent1Posted 7/2/2013 2:06:10 AM
At a Drive-In theater we saw a double feature of The Spaceman in King Arthur's Court & Raiders of the Lost Ark.
The first movie was so darn stupid & dull I walked around and watched part of The Jungle Book without sound...

Besides that I went to see Pretty in Pink (no clue why) with some friends.
One of them & I got bored & snuck into see the movie House (spooky movie).

Went to see Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D, but stayed in the same theater.

I think I did do 2 other movies in a theater once, but I can't remember what they were.

Now this is more like it!

Sorry for the flak earlier, but that topic of "worst in a series" is getting pretty old.
---
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
#3ShaunageAUPosted 7/2/2013 4:26:12 AM
I did six each day for most of the Sydney Film Festival. Outside of festivals it's not unusual for me to do three in a day.
---
Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
#4CN FireflyPosted 7/2/2013 9:52:19 AM(edited)
The Glimmer Man (Steven Seagal & Keenan Ivory Wayans)
Maximum Risk (JCVD)

Go ahead.... I deserve it......

Drive-In of Star Trek & I Love You, Man double feature.
And the Dark Knight Trilogy last year.
#5MadPinoRagePosted 7/2/2013 11:11:21 AM
Several years ago, when I was a teenager and had too much time on my hands I would go to this theater that showed 2 or 3 month old movies for 50 cents.
---
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein
#6Phantom_NookPosted 7/2/2013 11:18:37 AM
I often do double features. It's basically a family tradition. My most recent one was Iron Man 3 and The Croods.
---
1 universe, 8 planets, 204 countries, 804 islands, 7 seas, 7 billion people and it is JUST you. - PhaseSlaethe
#7Jon KorbakPosted 7/2/2013 11:31:31 AM
Not often but it's been done. At my old dollar theater I watched Rambo and Cloverfield the same night. Now where I live there's an indie theater that only shows two movies at a time, so if they line up right I'll just come out of one and buy a ticket to the other. Last year I saw Robot & Frank and Celeste and Jesse Forever back to back.
---
Reed
http://www.theraptorpack.wordpress.com - Movie reviews and articles
#8second_gamerPosted 7/2/2013 1:14:26 PM
Not counting billed double features (Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3-D), I've only done that with Moneyball and Drive.
#9ImDyinSquirtlePosted 7/2/2013 2:06:55 PM
I do it a lot

Just walk into another theater when the first movie is done lol
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#10ReijiAzumaZweiPosted 7/2/2013 4:54:04 PM
Addams Family Values and Cool Runnings
Harry Potter 3 and Shrek 2
Superman Returns and Talladega Nights
The Simpsons Movie and Die Hard 4
3:10 to Yuma and Shoot 'Em Up
Marley and Me and the Curious Case of Benjamin Button
G.I. Joe and Ponyo
Megamind and Harry Potter 7.1
X-Men First Class and Super 8
---
TV marathons: Breaking Bad s2, Carnivale s1, Tru Calling s1, the Adventures of Brisco County Jr./X-Files s1, Terminator: SCCC s1
Playthroughs: See Quote