What is so good about Gravity? (obvious spoilers)

#1EliteGuard99Posted 10/4/2013 6:36:44 AM
Have not see it and all the trailers and stuff gave me a big giant MEH. But apparently there must be something good about this film, so can anyone who saw it explain what made a chick floating through space for maybe an hour(?) so good?

post spoilers if you want to but make sure you still use the spoiler tag, in case some guy who didn't read the topic title walks in anyway.
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty - gunsndroses
Halo 5: even more CoD Edition coming to Xbone!
#2hyperpowderPosted 10/4/2013 6:51:04 AM
EliteGuard99 posted...
Have not see it and all the trailers and stuff gave me a big giant MEH. But apparently there must be something good about this film, so can anyone who saw it explain what made a chick floating through space for maybe an hour(?) so good?

post spoilers if you want to but make sure you still use the spoiler tag, in case some guy who didn't read the topic title walks in anyway.

I don't need spoilers: Alfonso Cuarón

Dude made one of the best movies ever made and looks like he's doing it again.

Ugh only two hours away till I see it....
#3ViewtifulHustlaPosted 10/4/2013 6:54:25 AM
I think people on the fence aren't really appreciating how insane the cinematography looks.
#4EliteGuard99(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 7:03:46 AM
ViewtifulHustla posted...
I think people on the fence aren't really appreciating how insane the cinematography looks.

so its really good because of the..........camera angles?
---
#5ViewtifulHustlaPosted 10/4/2013 7:11:46 AM
Well not just camera angles, but the super long shots that the director uses really ramp the intensity in action/scary scenes. It sounds like a small detail but it is huge, not to mention extremely difficult to do. If you don't care for that kinda stuff no biggie, but honestly thats why I want to see it.
#6hyperpowderPosted 10/4/2013 7:28:24 AM
EliteGuard99 posted...

Well yeah... that's kinda why movies are considered art.

Everyone likes seeing beautiful things rather it be paintings, pictures, clothes, cars, women,etc. People have different taste and really some people can appreciate it and others can not.

Movies are ment to be entertaining yes, but the truly great movies are those that move you based on entertainment, acting, directing, etc.

And don't let the simple concept be a turn off, you can break down most movies into simple concepts. 12 angry men is about a jury, Jaws is about a killer shark, etc
#7EliteGuard99(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 7:33:56 AM
hyperpowder posted...
EliteGuard99 posted...

Well yeah... that's kinda why movies are considered art.

Everyone likes seeing beautiful things rather it be paintings, pictures, clothes, cars, women,etc. People have different taste and really some people can appreciate it and others can not.

Movies are ment to be entertaining yes, but the truly great movies are those that move you based on entertainment, acting, directing, etc.

And don't let the simple concept be a turn off, you can break down most movies into simple concepts. 12 angry men is about a jury, Jaws is about a killer shark, etc

hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
---
#8DAM 1Posted 10/4/2013 7:34:34 AM
I dont know if I can get worked up too much about the cinematography when most of it is just shots of obvious cg green screen work.
---
Osama Bin Laden: World Hide N' Seek Champion 2001 - 2011
"I herp, therefore I derp"
#9GraybesPosted 10/4/2013 7:35:25 AM
DAM 1 posted...
I dont know if I can get worked up too much about the cinematography when most of it is just shots of obvious cg green screen work.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg
---
http://i.imgur.com/uNhRK.gif http://i.imgur.com/79fyyM6.gif
#10DougFunnieePosted 10/4/2013 10:23:38 AM
It's a white-knuckle thriller. Not since Jurassic Park has there been a perfect marriage of thrill-ride and state-of-the-art movie technology.
---
oh yeah?