The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How do you think Divergent will do at the box office?

#1megaplayer742Posted 2/4/2014 9:57:31 PM
How do you think Divergent will do at the box office? - Results (66 votes)
Success
15.15% (10 votes)
Break even
43.94% (29 votes)
Bomb
40.91% (27 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Me personally, I don't think it is going to do very well. Doesn't seem like an engaging enough topic but there have been surprises recently so idk.
#2LostSeason7Posted 2/4/2014 10:49:14 PM(edited)
It might at least break even. It's definitely not going to pull Hunger Games or Harry Potter numbers.

Then again, I have no idea how popular (or not popular) this book is so I really don't know. Might be another bomb like Mortal Instruments or a huge success. They apparently got a release date set for the sequel.
---
As far as I'm concerned, you can drop off the Earth. That's a promise.
#3milkmanv1Posted 2/4/2014 10:50:02 PM
Break even. It should do better than Mortal Instruments, Beautiful Creatures, et al, but it shouldn't break out much more than that.
---
You're going to like the way you look.
I guarantee it.
#4second_gamerPosted 2/5/2014 12:26:24 AM
I'm surprised "bomb" is the most popular option. The book sales are way too high for that (as in locked in the top 5 in places like Amazon and iTunes for the last several weeks), plus it only cost $80 million.
#5milkmanv1Posted 2/5/2014 12:47:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6kidpokerfanPosted 2/5/2014 1:43:03 AM
Should break even, it won't top Muppets for the top spot at the box office on its opening week.
#7bob_rulzPosted 2/5/2014 1:43:23 AM
second_gamer posted...
I'm surprised "bomb" is the most popular option. The book sales are way too high for that (as in locked in the top 5 in places like Amazon and iTunes for the last several weeks), plus it only cost $80 million.

The difference though is that there's nothing about the trailer or concept that makes it stand out. That already distinguishes it from The Hunger Games. Maybe, at best, it will get a $30 million opening (which would be a success I think) but I would be shocked if it did more than that.
---
Just as some people read the Bible or the Quoran and think, this is religion, so do people look upon Lando Calrissian and think, that is a pimp. -bladedhalo
#8RoughNTumblePosted 2/5/2014 3:16:34 AM
I thought hunger games would bomb

what do I know
---
Grandparents dead - please no jokes
Make mine DC, if you please.
#9InterfusorPosted 2/5/2014 3:25:00 AM
Hadn't even heard of the movie until I saw this topic. Break even maybe.
---
I am not economically viable.
#10SylindePosted 2/5/2014 11:30:40 AM
I voted break even, but I think it will be a modest success. closer to breaking even than to what would be considered a success worthy of a sequel.

It's not like I know the material source and whether there's a bunch of girls tripping on the concept, but it seems like a too blatant atempt to recreate HG style drama.