The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Sinister vs Mama

#1ZeroplayPosted 3/3/2013 12:18:34 PM
Which one is better? Trying to figure out which one to watch.
#2BartoIomeoPosted 3/3/2013 3:31:04 PM
Sinister by a country mile. Mama relies too heavily on jump scares and "Mama" loses its intimidation by its crappy CGI appearance. The only positive of Mama is the acting from the two girls.

Unfortunately, they both have crappy endings, but Sinister better put together.
---
Stealing IP addresses since 2011.
#3PRINCESSMAGICALPosted 3/3/2013 3:55:39 PM
Mama by far.
---
Your chains are still mine, you belong to me! ~ The Phantom Of The Opera
Man didn't invent God, God created man.
#4SSj2_MagnetoPosted 3/3/2013 4:51:47 PM
Sinister>>>>>>>Mama
#5CommunismFTWPosted 3/3/2013 4:52:56 PM(edited)
I liked Sinister's ending, but I'm a huge sucker for Lovecraftian predestination/doomed protagonists.
---
In saecula saeclorum. In stagnum ignis et sulphuris.
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg
#6ElderMisanthropyPosted 3/3/2013 7:26:15 PM
Not even close, really. Sinister, though not exactly a remarkable film, is still a great deal better than Mama.
---
A true Saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles.
#7PRINCESSMAGICALPosted 3/4/2013 3:27:14 AM
TC, watch Mama. You won't be disappointed.
---
Your chains are still mine, you belong to me! ~ The Phantom Of The Opera
Man didn't invent God, God created man.
#8Zeroplay(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 6:20:04 AM
Watched Sinister in the end it was good until it Spoilers......
took a supernatural turn in the plot. At that point it wasnt scary because you cant be afraid of things that dont exist in real life.
#9melongstrikePosted 3/4/2013 1:52:21 PM
BartoIomeo posted...
Sinister by a country mile. Mama relies too heavily on jump scares and "Mama" loses its intimidation by its crappy CGI appearance. The only positive of Mama is the acting from the two girls.

Unfortunately, they both have crappy endings, but Sinister better put together.

I don't think this poster watched the film.

Check out the Sinister boards everyone is talking about it's cheap jump scare tactics.

Sinister overall feel and creepiness/atmosphere was better than mama's but that's where the compliments end.

Sinister was VERY predictable from start to end. Dumb plot, dumb antagonist, dumb costumes (watch it and you will see what I am referring to)

Was not scary (to me in the slightest) makes me wonder what these posters saying the film was terrifying to them, the horror history they have watched. When my wife isn't afraid and wants to cut the movie off out of boredom it sucks.

Mama was better. I have my issues with it but the ending was awesome not your typical Hollywood ending. (Forget everyone who wanted anything else but the outcome)

Acting was better, scares were better, and movie overall was better

Mama > Sinister
---
Thanks, White_D3vi1: Most people are just putting dicks on dolphins and calling it a season.
#10vonVilePosted 3/4/2013 5:09:37 PM(edited)
Mama's ghost effects were awesome. My only negative is that I wish the movie was R, but it being PG-13 is justified by it having a faery tale aspect to it.
---
"I'm tired of throwing around the same ole hos around here!" - Angelina Love