Does anyone find any of the DVD anti-piracy trailers ridiculous?

#1blue_manPosted 6/4/2013 4:41:29 AM
I find the one which implies that pirating DVDs will result in you losing friends a really poor idea for a trailer.

What's your view guys?

I'm not saying piracy is a good thing, just the quality of the trailers for it found on DVDs.
---
Currently Playing: Lucifer's Call (PS2) Ace Combat (3DS)
#2J1MM3LPosted 6/4/2013 5:06:02 AM
"You wouldn't download a car."

F*** you, I would if I could!
---
"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
~ Arthur C. Clarke
#3SpazH3dPosted 6/4/2013 5:31:43 AM
J1MM3L posted...
"You wouldn't download a car."

F*** you, I would if I could!

Haha, it's hilarious how that line makes no sense at all..
---
- My vision is augmented
#4ShinAkuma777Posted 6/4/2013 5:45:54 AM
i find them hilarious because of how ridiculous they are also this

http://youtu.be/ALZZx1xmAzg
---
only bobo knows how to work your nipples
Check my page for kungfu http://www.youtube.com/user/thuggofdablock
#5Lord LoofilooPosted 6/4/2013 8:12:05 AM
I find it ridiculous that I have to watch them on DVDs I've bought, but people who actually pirate the movies don't have to sit through (sometimes unskippable) commercials like that.
---
Talk to me about Roguelikes if you want to horribly derail a thread.
#6PeteyParkerPosted 6/4/2013 8:23:34 AM
Lord Loofiloo posted...
I find it ridiculous that I have to watch them on DVDs I've bought, but people who actually pirate the movies don't have to sit through (sometimes unskippable) commercials like that.

Agreed.
---
"How can.. the Prime minister.. support a law.. that makes it illegal for people.. who....What I'm trying to say is.. Oasis rules!"
#7akuma634Posted 6/4/2013 1:17:46 PM
I don't see a downside to piracy unless you're pirating an indie project where they seriously do need every dollar they make. With the big studios, they have these awful ads on the movies like how "piracy is NOT a victimless crime." God forbid some Hollywood hotshot can't afford to cover his gold diving board in diamonds because you pirated the movie or more accurately you bought a 2nd hand copy dirt cheap and they don't see a penny back from the sale. It's like just be thankful that I bought the movie, don't point the finger at me and give me anti piracy lectures every time I watch the movie that I bought.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#8EricDent1Posted 6/4/2013 2:18:35 PM
That one about the "consequences" of piracy was rather odd.

Basically it said if you don't pirate, you get a hot girl knocking on your door.
---
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292 6448 6021
#9blue_man(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 3:03:33 PM
EricDent1 posted...
That one about the "consequences" of piracy was rather odd.

Basically it said if you don't pirate, you get a hot girl knocking on your door.

Link?

Anyway, the one which suggests you lose friends because you showed them a pirate DVD of bad quality. The moral of the story I took from that was, get better friends!

Also it's pretty ironic that anti-piracy ads only appear on films you've bought. Why would I pirate the DVD if I bought the damn film!?
---
Currently Playing: Lucifer's Call (PS2) Ace Combat (3DS)
#10TheOppositePosted 6/4/2013 3:13:17 PM
I don't even like the FBI warning at the beginning of movies. It's too bad we can't deal with it the Spaceballs way. "Prepare to fast forward!"