Web development with C++?

#1KeyeszxPosted 2/27/2012 11:06:32 AM
I'm starting to learn C++ and between classes I want to go over some of the stuff to see how I can rewrite the code or if I had it right and didn't just get lucky. But I only have an ipad with me between classes.

But there's this app, Gusto, that allows me to develop websites from the ipad and manage them. I saw in their syntax they stated it supported C++. I'm just wondering if this means I can write a website in C++ if so how? Along with that if I wrote some code to just display some text would the website just display the text or would I have to write some code to tell it how to display the text?

I understand some of these can't be answered since you might not know the app I'm trying to use. But it seems to be meant for website development so I thought someone might have tried it.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:SW:TOR, Sonic Generations, MK9, UMvC3
#2NeoBasiliskPosted 2/27/2012 4:58:38 PM
You could probably do it through CGI, but I suggest picking another language that's actually meant for the web, like PHP, ASP.NET, Ruby, etc.
---
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2505/toonami0003by7.jpg
RIP Toonami (1997-2008)
#3flussencePosted 2/27/2012 7:17:20 PM
Or D
#4Keyeszx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2012 9:15:15 AM

You could probably do it through CGI, but I suggest picking another language that's actually meant for the web, like PHP, ASP.NET, Ruby, etc.

Well I'm not trying to web design. I want to practice C++ between classes. It's just the only app that I've found that I've seen good reviews on is meant for web design.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:Starcraft 2, Killzone 3, Marvel vs Capcom 3(ranked), The Sly Collection
#5drro183Posted 3/4/2012 11:06:50 AM
Perhaps it means using Wt. But I would definitely opt for PHP, as it does support the OOP paradigm. The only reasons to really insist on C++ is the syntax and perhaps the use of C++ libraries. You can also search for an online C++ compiler: http://www.ideone.com