The reason Terra Nova will not last

#1SKARDAVNELNATEPosted 10/24/2011 5:11:56 PM
Sports are always on instead. What is wrong with a station that they preempt a show on it's first season?
---
No locked doors, no windows barred. No more things to make my brain seem SKARD.
#2Brenz0rPosted 10/24/2011 8:51:56 PM
It's Fox.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#3battleblastPosted 10/25/2011 3:36:11 AM
I'm kinda surprised someone hasn't done a broadcast station that is sports only. Between Football, Basketball, Baseball, Olympics, and a couple other sports alot of shows get preempted for them. Though most stations will at least give you a warning. "So and so will return in two weeks, but stay tuned next week for X." Fox doesn't usually even do that. Which makes it even weirder when they offset the show to start after the game. An 8 o'clock show starting at 10 something? Yeah thanks alot. Might help scheduling issues, but ratings already took a serious hit.

Same for Presidential Speeches that have no new info. I still laugh about the public outrage about the one that happened during 24.
---
Civilized men are more discourteous than savages they can be impolite without having their skulls split.
Official Phantom Stranger of the C&GN
#4Kamikaze_KennyPosted 10/25/2011 10:28:15 AM
I remember watching Farscape here in the UK, which constantly got taken away for a few weeks due to sports, then back on for a week, then taken away again for a few weeks.

And they still showed rubbish like EastEnders all the time!
#5muddersmilkPosted 10/25/2011 12:21:31 PM
The major broadcast networks would never let some other station get all the big sporting events. They get to good of ratings.
---
(Maniac64 at work) [Browncoat] ~Board 570901~
All the proteins, vitamins, and carbs of your grandma's best turkey dinner, plus 15% alcohol.