The Deus Ex Universal FAQ

#11metroid13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2006 11:16:25 AMmessage detail
Final Question: Should this be stickied?
---
"What do you mean your YTMND "pluged" Shifter? Is this some kind of crude sexual term?"-BornIn1142
#12BornIn1142Posted 1/26/2006 11:25:02 AMmessage detail
It would be stupid NOT to.

And... please don't call me that.

PS: You missed some notable glitches.
---
"And I guarantee that when you ask your wife to look like another woman, she won't be your wife for much longer." - Stardrifter001.
#13kurtsoftPosted 1/26/2006 12:25:20 PMmessage detail
yeah,what about the boat one,or the really fast one?
nvm,they are fun to answer :)
---
Official Aussie of the HSB
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me...
#14namazimPosted 1/26/2006 1:06:25 PMmessage detail
I know this is stupidly off topic, but wow, I really didn't expect you guys to still be here. It's been like a year or 2 since I first came here and you guys are still posting. =0
#15BornIn1142Posted 1/26/2006 1:21:50 PMmessage detail
"You guys"? Who guys?
---
"And I guarantee that when you ask your wife to look like another woman, she won't be your wife for much longer." - Stardrifter001.
#16metroid13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2006 1:32:12 PMmessage detail
ADDITION - Glitches and Bugs

9.5: HLEP!1 i CANT GET ON TEH B0AT!: If you can't get on the boat after the Liberty Island mission, then you have either: 1. Pirated the game, silly, or 2. You have a pirated game and you didn't know it. This CANNOT be fixed and you MUST get a real copy of the game.

9.6: Erm. Where did Paul go?: During a mission, it becomes necessary to see Paul, whom is in the 'Ton Hotel in the Hell's Kitchen map, 2nd Visit. You must go see him twice during the mission. Now, you go to him the second time and he's gone. This is NOT good. Your only option is to go to a previous save BEFORE this map. The way to fix it is to NOT open the door to Paul's room when you first visit him.

9.7: Message Waiting...Message Waiting...: This is another pirated game occurance. When you get infolinks one after the other, a "Message Waiting" message appears in the right hand side of the Infolink window. This simply means your about to get another message right after this one. In the pirated version, it ALWAYS stays like this and the infolink window will never leave.
---
"What do you mean your YTMND "pluged" Shifter? Is this some kind of crude sexual term?"-BornIn1142
#17JC_PhoenixPosted 1/26/2006 1:54:41 PMmessage detail
Shifter related fixes:

"Shifter is lik teh sl0w":
use the shifter config which should bring up the safe mode window and choose: "change your 3d video device" and then choose the video device you used before.

"How do yo use alt-fire":
start shifter, choose the menu option where you bind keys("keyboard/mouse" i think its called) and look for "alt-fire" or "drop/throw item", click on it it twice, and then choose the key you want to activate alt-fire.

Also you forgot the newest addition to the "edit single player" line of mods, Smoke's mod:
details can be found here:
http://www.dxediting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1973&page=1&pp=15
and here:
http://offtopicproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=375
and it can be downloaded here:
http://home.pacbell.net/kockler/Smoke39v0.1a.zip
#18metroid13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2006 7:28:11 PMmessage detail
Anyone else got any suggestions?
---
#19OrigineleNaamPosted 1/27/2006 12:27:04 PMmessage detail
Yes, Site Suggestions.
---
All you are writing is bad, or horrible thourgh the whole thing. (There should be abuse for that) - xwolfghost
#20metroid13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2006 12:06:20 PMmessage detail
Now that it's been stickied, I'd like to ask everyone if they can possibly suggest new categories and/or additions to existing categories. Thanks guys. And be sure to read this topic before suggesting or adding.
---