The Deus Ex Universal FAQ

#151IAmKolumbusPosted 4/9/2008 9:33:52 PMmessage detail
Anybody tried playing in Vista? I'd love to play this game again, but I'm worried it wont be the same...
#152AJ54Posted 6/29/2008 11:35:24 AMmessage detail
It works just fine. I have it on my Vista laptop and it actually works great.
---
Previously AJ53, somehow locked out of his account.
No idea how.
#153ReverendBrowninPosted 7/11/2008 6:54:28 AMmessage detail
Works better in Vista, in my opinion. I had it going on a dual-core XP laptop, and i frequently tangled with the infamous speed-up bug. Now, on a dual-core Vista rig I just bought, the problem seems to have corrected itself.
---
I am a vampire and
#154LtTeslaPosted 7/19/2008 4:55:26 PMmessage detail
As to helping Paul, in Hells Kitchen, from the onslaught of mibs and soldiers, you can just save before. When they burst in, kill the first few and look at side and REMEMBER the location of the unatco grunts. Put lams in every position you see the soldiers. If you have trouble with the MIBS, just put some lands next to the door, and point a L.A.W at the door. To add.

How to kill Walton Simons in the Underwater Lab.

When you return down the hallway to the excavation site, put some lams in the corner of the hallway, creep out into the excavation site and make sure that Simons notices you. The minute he tries to initiate a conversation, run back to your lams, and wait. The first time I did this, he began his monologue but exploded. I laughed too hard. Same goes with other conversation starters, put a lam and run. Works for gunther too.
---
MPO+=NoxSpy, Primosaur, Train.Heartnet
#155Deus_Ex_FanPosted 7/26/2008 3:57:26 AMmessage detail

LtTesla posted...
As to helping Paul, in Hells Kitchen, from the onslaught of mibs and soldiers, you can just save before. When they burst in, kill the first few and look at side and REMEMBER the location of the unatco grunts. Put lams in every position you see the soldiers. If you have trouble with the MIBS, just put some lands next to the door, and point a L.A.W at the door. To add.

And another novel way of taking all but about 2 UNATCO (as it seems 2 must live) and a MiB down...

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=743396&postcount=17

That's how I saved on ammo. TNT is found in the other level. A l-o-n-g walk to the 'Ton, but if you want to kill the whole mob and have some ammo left.........

#156LtTeslaPosted 7/31/2008 9:31:53 PMmessage detail
Good point.
Once, I was cheating though, and turned on god, and fought gunther. I summon ten anna navarres to attack him and it was all out war. I summoned paul too, but all he did was shoot at me. But when I turned off god mode and died, I still had all of my weapons. >.< So the mj12 breakout took all of 5 seconds.
---
MPO+=NoxSpy, Primosaur, Train.Heartnet
#157PandarsenicPosted 9/21/2008 7:14:19 PMmessage detail
For amazing hilarity, pull out your prod and jump towards him as he approaches you. When he is on his last line, click like crazy and you'll stun him before he can do anything.

You can then, ah, have your way with him.
<_<
>_>
If you know what I mean.
---
You are now breathing manually.
It's too late to not think about it. Sorry.
#158NikoreJMPosted 11/3/2008 5:07:32 PMmessage detail
tag
---
Using a key to gouge expletives on another's vehicle is a sign of trust and friendship
#159MarioFanaticXVPosted 12/15/2008 11:44:25 PMmessage detail
For the "Where can I buy this?" question, you should probably mention that it's available on GameTap (along with Invisible War).
---
"[...]who cares about science?"
-Hell Bovine, trying to defend Evolutionism
#160DarkRealityXPosted 1/24/2009 7:37:32 PMmessage detail

When you return down the hallway to the excavation site, put some lams in the corner of the hallway, creep out into the excavation site and make sure that Simons notices you. The minute he tries to initiate a conversation, run back to your lams, and wait. The first time I did this, he began his monologue but exploded. I laughed too hard.

Even better, set the LAMs on the earthmover and basically around where he spawns. That way as soon as he spawns, he'll blow up. This is LONG before you see him!

For the "Where can I buy this?" question, you should probably mention that it's available on GameTap (along with Invisible War).

Level 34 account and you didn't know you can't edit posts on GameFAQs? Good thing I did a QuickWhois (<3 GameFOX), I woulda guessed you were new. Anyway, good point but yeah, he can't edit the original post or the reply in question, and the topic was created long before GameTap had it for free.

---
My Deus Ex site, with links to all major mods, and articles of interest:
http://darkreality.googlepages.com/deusex
More topics from this board...
Worth playing today?Mega_Skrull209/18 2:40PM