The Deus Ex Universal FAQ

#161MarioFanaticXVPosted 1/27/2009 11:10:17 PMmessage detail

Level 34 account and you didn't know you can't edit posts on GameFAQs? Good thing I did a QuickWhois (<3 GameFOX), I woulda guessed you were new. Anyway, good point but yeah, he can't edit the original post or the reply in question, and the topic was created long before GameTap had it for free.

Stickied topics are typically replaced periodically as new information becomes available. Seeing as this one has been up for two years, I'd say that it's time for an update.
---
"[...]who cares about science?"
-Hell Bovine, trying to defend Evolutionism
#162DarkRealityXPosted 1/28/2009 6:32:18 AMmessage detail
Someone post a link to my site and we'll all vote for sticky. I can't do it because they'd pop me for advertising. Metroid13 can't edit his posts, but I can edit my GooglePages site as new information becomes available.

I'd write an update to the sticky, but I have, as Stephen King puts it, diarrhea of the word processor. Just change word processor to computer keyboard. Then again, who knows more about DX than I do and still posts regularly? I've been living and breathing this game for 9 years this year. Hmm. Maybe I will do it. I had a sticky on the GTA San Andreas board under my first GF account and I wasn't nearly as knowledgeable of the game as some up there, I was just the only one willing to compile all that knowledge into a sticky.

---
My Deus Ex site, with links to all major mods, and articles of interest:
http://darkreality.googlepages.com/deusex
#163Fig455Posted 2/10/2009 8:49:39 AMmessage detail
Um, your link is in your sig^^^!!!

Anyway, someone on the last page asked about one-hit kills (headshots w/normal darts). Yes, they are definitely possible, and probably why I like the crossbow so much. W/a scope and a high skill-level, you can tag 'em dead in the head from a decent distance. Some opt for the laser sight instead(they don't work together...it's one or the other).
---
If Deus Ex were a drug, I'd be strung out from here till doomsday. _ DX Chick
#164Jaesun09Posted 2/19/2009 2:03:24 PMmessage detail

Decided to give Deus Ex with the Shifter mod (v1.8.1) a run-through and have a few questions:

1) Castle Clinton Massacre: What actually triggers this? a few pages back it was noteds that this was fixed by the shifter Mod, but what exactly did it fix? What do I need to do to avoid this?

I went in the back door, did only non-lethal takedowns, and found the Ambrosia. Then headed back up towards Castle Clinton, where Anna ran to me and gave me the "You were too soft on the NSF" speech. So I *assumed* then I finished the non-lethal way of Castle Clinton. I then walked over to the entrance of Castle Clinton where the UNATCO troops are standing, they then ran forward and killed all the remaining NSF guys on the outside.

I *assume* because this happened, I am getting the Castle Clinton Massacre? Do I need to take these remaining guys out non-lethally before the UNATCO troops kill them?

2) Sandra quest: She does not go back to her farther (on your first visit right)? You just need to save her from Johnny, and speak with her Father. Or did I forget to do something?

Thanks!

#165Boct1584Posted 4/8/2009 8:27:12 AMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#166Boct1584Posted 4/8/2009 8:29:11 AMmessage detail
1. If you kill more people thank you KO, Anna will compliment you on doing so. If you KO more people than you kill, she'll say you were too gentle. With vanilla, it'll count as you killing them if ANY of them die, even if it was Anna and the troopers that killed them; that's what Shifter fixed, so it only cares about what YOU did. If you keep the kills low both there and also did so on Liberty Island, you'll find the Blackjack (Paul's unique Baton) on the table in his apartment.
2. You don't see Sandra go home until the next time you go through Hell's Kitchen, during what I believe is Mission 4. I don't know whether it matters what you do about her and Johnny; I always do that part to get the password to Smuggler's.
---
"[Kaizo Mario World] is like the video game version of cutting yourself."
--Proton Jon
#167JonasWaeverPosted 6/30/2009 7:35:45 AMmessage detail
Hey metroid13, are you still alive?

Would you mind doing me a favour and editing your TNM entry to reflect that we've actually released the mod? : )

(Also perhaps say something about the two storylines and the 7-9-ish different endings :P)
#168DarkRealityXPosted 7/6/2009 5:12:08 AMmessage detail

Hey metroid13, are you still alive?

Would you mind doing me a favour and editing your TNM entry to reflect that we've actually released the mod? : )

(Also perhaps say something about the two storylines and the 7-9-ish different endings :P)

He can't, GameFAQs doesn't have an edit function. Remember, this is the forum that 1995 keeps calling about, asking for last year's technology back. Edit function? You can't do hyperlinks. LOL.

Topic can be updated and posted as a new topic, then we can request this one get un-stickied, and then request the new one get stickied. Miles and miles of red tape.

I actually started working on an updated DX FAQ, but then I got into Oblivion...

---
My Deus Ex site, with links to all major mods, and articles of interest (updated June '09):
http://darkreality.googlepages.com/deusex
#169metroid13(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2009 9:31:10 PMmessage detail
I'd love to update it, but as Nathan said, there's a fair bit of bureaucracy involved.
---
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4162/rorschachpiejugglinge.gif
imagine the Gold Saucer music being played at the end of Disc 1 spoilers in FFVII. - Diet Water
#170artiedeadat40Posted 7/25/2009 8:36:59 PMmessage detail

Nice guide

Do you know of any work around for directinput making the mouse not work in menus? It works fine in UT and makes a huge difference.