This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Strategy for last Night Elf Mission on Hard

#1QprimePosted 7/17/2009 2:47:38 AM
So I spent 3 days beating the campaign on hard. I got the last mission and realized it is impossible (unless it isnít, has anyone beaten that legit?) so I discovered a strategy to beat it. Afterwards I looked up what gamefaqs said to do and most strategies involve messing up their base transition, which seems effective but I wanted to share what I did which could be easier for some people on normal and hard.

[b]reaches the circle of power in the finals seconds. In order to beat this, all you do is send a couple of buildings in to the surrounding forest by eating a line of trees out of the sight of the undead. When I did this successfully I sent 4 buildings into the forest near the circle of power and another by a gold mine for back up. For more security I built the druid that turn into birds and sent them by the world tree. Gargoyles attack them if they stay birds but I turned them into druids so air units ignore them and ground units canít reach them.

So the computer canít detect a walking building, so they will leave you alone until the 1 minute mark when Archisomething will make a run for the circle of power. At around the 2 minute mark I sent all my buildings out from the trees and in front of the circle of power. At around the one minute mark I had the druids do that same. Basically you just need enough units that it takes Archisomething 17 seconds to kill them. You could probably do it with a just a tree of eternity, but I went overboard because I didnít want to wait another 45 minutes if it didnít work.
Okay so has anyone done that before, or is the base building glitch just more popular? If I made that up I hope that helps anyone who needs help with that level. It is a pretty easy way to beat it and involves no real fighting.
#2Wu_ZonghaiPosted 7/21/2009 1:06:14 AM
I just pump hippogryph archers and archers and starfall and use the hero spells
---
Cry me a river, build yourself a bridge and GET OVER IT.
#3lalala_laPosted 7/31/2009 12:58:10 AM
Hmm, I was able to successfully defend the Human base for the whole 30 minutes or so with Hippogryph Riders on normal difficulty....how well does it work on hard?
More topics from this board...
Warcraft III won't patchMatthegamer21/20 9:55AM