This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any news, history or truth to the heat between Richards and Steen?

#1Nasty_NitroPosted 8/1/2012 10:07:12 PM
People are talking about Richards & Steen not liking each other. I heard about this from the preview of Davey's youshoot or w/e shoot interview where he says Steen said "I will expose you" is there anythig known about the heat between those two any stories because they have really good chemistry in the ring but its like an aggressive brawling chemistry they convey alot of anger toward each other in the ring especially in the Steenerico/Wolves matches but I may be reading too deep into this.
---
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders
#2Jakyl25Posted 8/1/2012 10:44:40 PM
They don't seem like the sort of people that would agree on much philosophically when it comes to wrestling, but I would hazard a guess that any legit "heat" between the two is at least exaggerated by them and at worst completely fabricated in order to sell their feud.

Kinda like MMA, funnily enough considering who is involved.
---
Thank you, Eddie Guerrero.
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2012/04/33_Moscow_04112012jg_02128.jpg
#3yellow_skittle7Posted 8/1/2012 10:48:26 PM
I'm pretty sure they really hate each other, Davey was bad mouthing Steen at some random wrestling seminar with barely any people there so I dunno why he would do that as part of some storyline. I think Davey's just jealous that Kevin Steen is a lot more popular than him even though he gets by on his personality instead of his "wrestling." Too bad Davey doesn't realize that charisma and personality are just as important in professional wrestling.
---
CM Punk is my Husband!
Favorite Poster of the Moment: KanePhan
#4Jakyl25Posted 8/1/2012 10:52:14 PM
I think Davey's just jealous that Kevin Steen is a lot more popular than him even though he gets by on his personality instead of his "wrestling."

Which is in and of itself somewhat funny since I would consider Steen to be the more well-rounded (no pun intended) pro wrestler of the two.

But I forget, what exactly was supposedly said by Davey against Steen at that seminar? Even if Davey thinks Steen's methodology or style aren't acceptable, that doesn't necessarily mean they HATE each other. That's just a professional disagreement.
---
Thank you, Eddie Guerrero.
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2012/04/33_Moscow_04112012jg_02128.jpg
#5yellow_skittle7Posted 8/1/2012 10:56:10 PM
Jakyl25 posted...
I think Davey's just jealous that Kevin Steen is a lot more popular than him even though he gets by on his personality instead of his "wrestling."

Which is in and of itself somewhat funny since I would consider Steen to be the more well-rounded (no pun intended) pro wrestler of the two.

But I forget, what exactly was supposedly said by Davey against Steen at that seminar? Even if Davey thinks Steen's methodology or style aren't acceptable, that doesn't necessarily mean they HATE each other. That's just a professional disagreement.

He said he thinks Kevin Steen sucks in the ring and that he's over for all of the wrong reasons. Like I said I think it's just jealousy and I don't think Steen likes Davey either with the stuff he was saying on twitter after Team Ambition robbed that indy fed. Who knows maybe it's all just a work or whatever but Davey isn't even in ROH right now and I dunno it just seems personal to me. Obviously they don't hate each other so much they can't work together but I don't think they like each other or each other's philosophy on pro wrestling.
---
CM Punk is my Husband!
#6VincentVaguePosted 8/2/2012 6:03:55 AM
Judging from interviews, I think they have different philosophies on wrestling and Davey seems bitter about how his character was booked to get Steen over, with the whole MMA > Wrestling thing. And Richards does say how Steen can't wrestle like he can and doesn't look like a wrestler, which is a fair point, but also missing the wider point, as mentioned by the previous poster, about how getting over and charisma are just as important in wrestling. Richards has complimented Steen's skills on the mic and his charisma recently.

I doubt they hate each other. I honestly don't think Steen would have been allowed to sell the Jiu Jitsu Jackoff shirts if Davey wasn't ok with it. And I seem to remember a Steen promo/interview in the buildup to their Border Wars match where Steen said how Richards picked him up from the airport for a PWG show just after Steen left ROH and they had a long talk and Richards helped Steen get motivated in his career. Before Davey "changed", Steen said.

Obviously, things might have changed in the past few months, but I don't think they've secretly hated each other for years, like Davey and Roderick Strong.
#7Dave SmithersPosted 8/2/2012 6:39:57 AM
VincentVague posted...

but I don't think they've secretly hated each other for years, like Davey and Roderick Strong.

!

Gossip?
---
ds:
that was ****ing poetry!
#8yellow_skittle7Posted 8/2/2012 8:01:20 AM
I know seriously you can't say something like that and not give details, lol. This is what happens when you mix someone who loves both wrestling and TMZ.
---
CM Punk is my Husband!
#9VincentVaguePosted 8/2/2012 9:19:32 AM
Ha, wasn't my intention to spread gossip. I listened to a Richards interview from ROHWorld a week or so ago, which was interesting overall, and at one point the interviewer asked Richards if it was true that he and Strong hated each other, to which Richards confirmed, saying it went back to No Remorse Corps days. No details beyond that.
#10Nasty_Nitro(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 9:22:13 AM
WAIT WHAT! Richards and Strong hate each other? Thats insane i feel like they would be best friends. They probably stiffed each other one too many times to be friends lol.
---
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders