This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Ethan Carter III match at Bound For Glory was horrible.

#11LeperMessiahXXPosted 10/24/2013 2:30:29 AM
Especially in this instance. I was not a fan of putting a squash match like that on the show, but you can find reasons to justify it if you wanted too. Even if you can't justify it, there is no shame in admitting it was stupid, it doesn't make you any less of a fan. Example: Summerslam has been my favorite PPV this year, and Bray Wyatt is one of my favorite acts this year, but his match with Kane was awful and did no one any favors. I admitted a fault with the show and a wrestler I like, and it doesn't change my opinion on either. It seems like wrestling fans can't admit a fault in something without grasping at something else to drag into the mud.
---
42 46 http://tinyurl.com/Mo42NYY http://tinyurl.com/AP46NYY
Won't change sig until Yankees call up Snap Dragon Monty. *Started 8/2/12*
#12IAmMC2Posted 10/24/2013 5:35:31 AM
get rowdy posted...
Fans of either company using the other to justify crap is one of the worst things about the IWC. Everything has to be some immature mudslinging. I know I shouldn't expect maturity and intelligence from wrestling fans, but, ya know, it'd be nice.

This is kinda off topic but based on what I've seen of you, you are one of the best posters on both PWBs. I am eternally grateful for your presence.

Anyway TNA has done squashes on PPVs before, which is a questionable decision but having one at their "Wrestlemania" is just a horrible, horrible idea. If you're going to debut a guy at your flagship show of the year you better do it in a memorable way that leaves an impression.

Between this and AUGUST1WARNING TNA has not been doing themselves many favors in the PR department.
---
Project M > Melee > Brawl > 64
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#13spudY2KPosted 10/24/2013 6:17:57 AM
IAmMC2 posted...
Anyway TNA has done squashes on PPVs before, which is a questionable decision but having one at their "Wrestlemania" is just a horrible, horrible idea. If you're going to debut a guy at your flagship show of the year you better do it in a memorable way that leaves an impression.

While in general this is true I would argue that for the EC3 character this wasn't a bad way to debut him (assuming they follow up appropriately). Having him win a (very obvious) squash match in his debut on the biggest show of the year helped make one point immediately clear: EC3 is going to get lots of preferential treatment due to his family connections.

The downside is that it doesn't make him look credible, but I don't think that's the intention. I'm guessing they first want the crowd to resent him for how easy he has it, sort of like David Flair's US title run in WCW.
---
Look at arson - I mean, how many of us can honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building? I know I have.
#14vonVilePosted 10/24/2013 6:24:03 AM(edited)
LeperMessiahXX posted...
And what does that have to do with anything?

It's two major disappointments that happened at the biggest PPVs for the respected companies. Bryan got squashed by Sheamus at WM and EC3 at B4G. Use your brain, man!
#15ShadowMan033(Moderator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:46:30 AM
betagam7 posted...
Is Norv Fernum supposed to be an anagram or something. Where do these names come from?

It's just me, but I took it as a shot at Norv Turner, since they were in San Diego.
---
#13 LSU Tigers 6-2 (3-2); Oxford shirt, Rebel britches. Bang a Rebel, get the itches
Next - 10/26 vs. Furman (3-4)
#16get rowdyPosted 10/24/2013 5:15:48 PM
IAmMC2 posted...
get rowdy posted...
Fans of either company using the other to justify crap is one of the worst things about the IWC. Everything has to be some immature mudslinging. I know I shouldn't expect maturity and intelligence from wrestling fans, but, ya know, it'd be nice.

This is kinda off topic but based on what I've seen of you, you are one of the best posters on both PWBs. I am eternally grateful for your presence.

haha Thank you. So used to hate, I guess, I first read this as "you are one of the worst posters on the PWB".
#17KamenRiderBladePosted 10/24/2013 5:34:56 PM
Why did they pick random scrawny wrestler versus somebody who is unused in the locker room.

Imagine if EC3 beat Rob Terry clean.

Wouldn't that make EC3 way more credible than defeating random local scrawny jobber?
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#18LeperMessiahXXPosted 10/24/2013 5:57:10 PM
The act isn't about how legit he is, he is the spoiled nephew of Dixie who is feeding him jobbers to make him look good. He isn't a monster heel, he is just a douche heel.
---
42 46 http://tinyurl.com/Mo42NYY http://tinyurl.com/AP46NYY
Won't change sig until Yankees call up Snap Dragon Monty. *Started 8/2/12*
#19InsaneGamer137Posted 10/24/2013 6:37:12 PM
They are trying to give ECIII heel heat.
---
Proud Grand Theft Auto and Ace Combat Fan Boy
#20Pepys Monster(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 6:56:24 PM
"Norv Fernum" will forever go down in Bound For Glory history now. And that's not even the alias that wrestler goes by.
---
i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz | Radeon 7850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 1866 | ASRock Z77 | Intel 330 240GB | 2x2TB HDDs | Antec 650W 80+ Platinum | Windows 7 | Asus Xonar DX