This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any update on Chikara?

#21FarFromFieldsPosted 11/7/2013 6:21:26 PM
Unknown Nomad posted...
Not trolling, I just really find this entire "angle" as pretentious and dumb for its own good that only appeals to their niche than anything else and that's not how Chikara started, it was this fun family friendly fed that was highly influential with lucha libre, then BDK angle happened and since then, Chikara has tried everything to really to recapture the angle again with this convoluted angles with vague ARG websites.

And the one reason I felt Chikara is dead until it probably does return, is the sheer fact that Quack is noted be very strict for wrestlers to work other indies without his approval and when Chikara died, Osirian Portal are working CZW again, Eddie Kingston is back in ROH, Gran Akuma and Jigsaw are working ISW, and UltraMantis Black finally won his first title at AIW, now if Chikara does return, those guys would probably return but not as a main priority with Chikara anymore I feel.

Not sure you're really in a position to judge, since only 5 posts earlier you literally didn't even know this was an angle.
---
FFD
Just because this life ain't easy, doesn't make it bad...
#22Mr FlibblePosted 11/14/2013 8:41:28 PM
New Ashes video BTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWU6CvylXqs
---
Gunter Glieben Glausen Globen!
#23Unknown NomadPosted 11/20/2013 7:31:34 PM(edited)
Even though I still think this "angle" is dumb and not even in a funny way,here an Ashes video with the Batiri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Y3ys-q80A
---
Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta
#24AAFBPosted 11/22/2013 11:04:02 AM
I love chikara but this whole thing is super pretentious, dumb and has no place in a indy promotion. I just want to watch some good ass wrestling with some comedy sprinkled in. FUN, you know? the thing that chikara is supposed to be all about? this angle is far from fun.
---
"I'm no psycho. I have a good mind. I'd have killed a thousand if I had bullets enough." - Howard Unruh.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheBigVitus/
#25CJ_Flash_ManPosted 11/22/2013 11:23:13 AM
AAFB posted...
I love chikara but this whole thing is super pretentious, dumb and has no place in a indy promotion. I just want to watch some good ass wrestling with some comedy sprinkled in. FUN, you know? the thing that chikara is supposed to be all about? this angle is far from fun.

I'd say deep, intricate, and over the top story lines are just as much a part of CHIKARA's entity as the wacky, fun nature of it.
---
Eater of worlds
#26Unknown NomadPosted 11/23/2013 1:39:44 AM
No, I don't feel it is, they only started doing them with BDK and had been trying to replicate it ever since but fails to realize they are only aiming for a smaller fanbase than something that can appeal to a much larger audience
---
Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta
#27ultimateGEARSPosted 11/23/2013 2:53:35 AM
The thing that bugs me is that I was going to try and get into CHIKARA before they did this >_>

Am I right in saying we missed a King of Trios this year because of this?
---
I won't change this sig until Tyson Kidd wins a world championship- 27/01/12
#28Mr FlibblePosted 11/23/2013 6:41:31 PM
ultimateGEARS posted...
The thing that bugs me is that I was going to try and get into CHIKARA before they did this >_>

Am I right in saying we missed a King of Trios this year because of this?

Yes, but we got the Tag World Grand Prix to make up for it, although I was worried about that when they announced the upcoming dates at the start of the year, as the only 3 Back-To-Back dates they had were in different places, I just assumed due to building bookings they were taking it on the road ala Joshimania.
---
#29TimJabPosted 11/23/2013 10:51:59 PM
The storyline isn't great because they're not doing as much with it as they could be doing, but I'm not gonna knock it because I'm sure there are some underlying circumstances that made this necessary. I doubt Quack sat down and said, "You know what would be a great storyline? Shutting the company down for 6+ months and alienating old fans while preventing new fans from finding the product!"

There is likely some kind of motive, financial or otherwise, that prompted a shutdown and Quack is trying to make the best of it. Weren't there rumors that he was getting a divorce or something?
---
http://images.wikia.com/metalgear/images/1/1a/SolidSnake.png
#30Mr FlibblePosted 11/24/2013 11:56:29 AM
TimJab posted...
The storyline isn't great because they're not doing as much with it as they could be doing, but I'm not gonna knock it because I'm sure there are some underlying circumstances that made this necessary. I doubt Quack sat down and said, "You know what would be a great storyline? Shutting the company down for 6+ months and alienating old fans while preventing new fans from finding the product!"

There is likely some kind of motive, financial or otherwise, that prompted a shutdown and Quack is trying to make the best of it. Weren't there rumors that he was getting a divorce or something?

The rumour, and it is a rumour, is that Quack's wife had the rights to the Chikara name, after either coming up with the idea, or it was given to her as a show of trust and faith, or it was given to her as a tax dodge, the internet still hasn't made its mind up.

Fast forward 10 years, quack is caught with the smell of Saturyne on his plums, and lady Quack wants a divorce, taking the name and not allowing Quack to use anymore.

Panicking, quack writes a half-season long storyline, begs her to let him use the name until then, she agrees.

The IPPV happens, Chikara closes, Quack presumably signs the name over to her, then begins using the name to market the return of the promotion he has no rights to.
---