This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bard - Dual class vs. Kit

#1ZZTrashPosted 8/27/2010 6:32:32 AM
I was thinking of doing my next play-through as a Bard, and I was wondering if I'd be better off dual classing from something else (if was thinking maybe a fighter, get a few proficiency points in some kind of bow, and then I can stand on the back lines, singing songs, slinging spells and shooting arrows), or if I should just pick one of the kits (probably skald). Also, are there any other dual-class combinations for bards worth looking into? Thief to bard and mage to bard both seem kind of redundant, but I could be wrong.
---
M. Bison's plan for world domination included "Win karate tournament." That's just awesome.
#2JvstmPosted 8/27/2010 7:13:33 AM
You can't dual class to a Bard.

---
If I wanted to play a nature simulator I'd actually leave my house - DM
How can you spell words like 'universally' and 'unnecessary' but not 'you'? - TJ
#3Blind_AssassinPosted 8/27/2010 9:44:08 AM
But you can shadowkeeper!

In IWD I tend to go for a 'Bardarian' (Yeah I'm cool), generally an effective mix, or you could you go for a fighter.
---
^IMO.
#4JvstmPosted 8/27/2010 11:19:19 AM
You can't Shadowkeeper a Bard dual class either.

---
How can you spell words like 'universally' and 'unnecessary' but not 'you'? - TJ
#5LatronisPosted 8/27/2010 2:28:30 PM
multiclass restrictions are hard coded, and since dual classing uses multiclass combinations even shadowkeeper wont help (the drop down menu only has valid multiclass options) You can change the 2da file to allow you the option to dual class into any possible combination of classes illegally but it crashes the game when you try to dual class.

---
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Oh DM, we all know you'll never leave, you're like a domestic abuse victim. - rhemorigher
#6JvstmPosted 8/27/2010 3:43:16 PM
^^
This.

Although somehow you can change Barbarians and Sorcerers to be able to dual class. I believe they use the same files as a Fighter and Mage, respectively.
---
#7LatronisPosted 8/27/2010 4:07:40 PM
I believe barbarian is treated pretty much as a fighter kit

though sorcerer's don't even have their own flags, they just use the mage flag so it's more akin to a variant mage option. Leading me to believe that sorcerer seems likely to be either a last minute addition or at least the last thing they added to save time.

Later on i think i'll have a fool around and see if i can link monk to anything that existed in IE before SoA.

---
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Oh DM, we all know you'll never leave, you're like a domestic abuse victim. - rhemorigher
#8Blind_AssassinPosted 8/28/2010 11:36:19 AM
You can't Shadowkeeper a Bard dual class either.

Really? Are you sure?
---
^IMO.
#9JvstmPosted 8/28/2010 8:32:31 PM
Positive.

---
#10Blind_AssassinPosted 8/29/2010 4:16:34 AM
Huh. Thought that was possible.
---
^IMO.