This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Way to have max ability points at character creation?

#1henrycolePosted 2/25/2008 7:37:12 PM
Is there a way to have the max amount of points without having to reroll for hours? Mods? Im not looking to cheat and have 18 in everything though.
---
EXALT ME!
#2crowmanPosted 2/25/2008 8:13:34 PM
If you don't want the all 18's cheat, what do you mean by max points?
The easiest way to get the stats you want is to just start with whatever you get and then edit them afterwards with Shadowkeeper.
#3henrycole(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2008 8:27:30 PM
Im guessing shadowkeeper is a program right?
---
EXALT ME!
#4joefitts63Posted 2/25/2008 8:57:43 PM
Yep. First Google result.
---
Silence, dog! You have no purpose but to die by my hand. - Irenicus
#5henrycole(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2008 9:16:13 PM
Nice, i just downloaded it. Save me hours of rerolling thanks.
---
EXALT ME!
#6Kiko_MarunaPosted 2/25/2008 9:19:20 PM
If you enable cheats (I think) you can just press ctrl + 8 at the stats screen where you get to roll.
I sometimes do that when I don't really want to roll because it's annoying, and when I'd have maxed out all the important stats through min/maxing anyways. Like... I won't carry around the ring of human influence just so I can lower my charisma to 3 and put it on when it's convenient. Instead I just save the trouble and set charisma to 18, and I don't feel bad at all for cheating. I'm so shameless. =P
#7JackHuizengaPosted 2/26/2008 12:23:07 AM
You can also use the ctrl+8 cheat to set all stats to 18, then remove stat points to lower your stats. If you remember a stat total that you rolled previously, you can do this to emulate that total. A stat total of 88 or so is "reasonably" attainable, although it will take a fair amount of rolling. Somewhat higher than that is possible, but debatably worth the extra time.
#8The_Pig_Posted 2/26/2008 1:56:46 AM
Is there a way to have the max amount of points without having to reroll for hours? .... Im not looking to cheat and have 18 in everything though.

Those statements contradict each other.....

when I'd have maxed out all the important stats through min/maxing anyways.

Ugh... I hate min/maxing. Yeah, I know most people are powergamers and not true role players, but min/maxing just bugs the inner roleplaying nerd in me. When you create a character with a 3 int, then that character is literally as stupid as a dog. Even Minsc has more intelligence than that.
#9henrycole(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2008 9:35:21 AM
^ What i meant to say is having the max number of points in each stats category and not break the maximum of points allowed, like intelligence is 16 for an Orc, well i dont want to have 18 there.
---
EXALT ME!
#10HaroldVPosted 3/1/2008 1:55:50 AM
Rerolling is tedious and Shadowkeeper requires saving-exiting-editing-reloading.
I always use Ctrl-8 and then subtract whatever points are appropriate at the character creation screen,