This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about blades (bard kit)

#1RabidMidget00Posted 4/14/2008 7:18:56 AM
The blade ability Offensive Spin gives an extra attack per round. Does this stack with the extra attack from haste?
#2goldenmouthPosted 4/14/2008 7:42:05 AM
^ have you not read the PrC description ?

No, neither with Haste nor with Improved haste, does it stack.
#3YawgehPosted 4/14/2008 1:51:53 PM
...Yes, yes it DOES stack with Improved Haste.
---
If you are unable to spell the word "you" with ALL THREE LETTERS, get the **** off my internets. Thankee kindly. - The23rdMagus
#4IlluminaZer0Posted 4/14/2008 10:17:00 PM
The in-game description says it does not. I remember trying out a "test" Blade character a while back and I remember it not stacking either.

Could be wrong though, but I'm pretty sure haste does not stack with the bard's offensive spin ability.
#5LeukozytPosted 4/15/2008 7:57:57 AM

No, it doesnt, Im just playing around quite a while with a blade. And as long as I go on with him, I wonder why, because hes one of the most useless chars - well, whats nice is the "smthg of everything", pickpock, spells, some hacking with spins. OK. 1/2 lore. OK and so on. The thing is: hes the worst fighter, the worst thief, the worst spellcaster. Just the combination is what makes him somehow attractive... but, in the end, its too little. Going further into the game, Off.spin gets more and more useless, because your Thac0 stays abysmal (though -2), your AC likewise (have the melodic chain, dont you?), so why get him into melee... and off.spin with a bow, oh yeah, you get one more attack... err, at a point, where everyone in your party will be hasted in any little tougher fight??? So, whats the point?

A f-m-th for sure is more effective, but maybe the bard has something "romantic", and, hes a single class, levelling up quickly... but as a lvl 40 blade, your most powerful spell still will be chain lightning, damage capped at 20th ...huh...

#6TommySatanPosted 4/15/2008 9:42:52 AM
^ Don't forget that you can completely spam Improved Bard Song in ToB, making your already-powerful party into a rampaging orgy of destruction and death.

Anyway, I agree that Blades aren't very good but they do have a certain charm. Even though Haer'Dalis was by far the weakest character in my party I wouldn't have dropped him for the world. Isn't there a Blade Pack somewhere that alters Blades, giving them some new abilities?
---
If it hurts, it means you're still alive
#7HeWhoMatesWithDuckPosted 4/15/2008 10:41:59 AM
The key to using Blades is Tenser's Transformation.
---
Mating with duck is like vomiting in a too small bucket.
Listen to my music: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=907376