This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ridiculous Custom Party Ideas

#1noob_of_destinyPosted 12/18/2008 9:50:15 PM
Unless I can get some help setting up multiplayer (see Multiplayer Help thread), I'm going to be playing separate but concurrent games with my brother. I'd like to use a highly unconventional (though not too terrible) party set up. So far I'm thinking:

Jester
Monk
Avenger
Thief/Cleric
Ranger/Cleric
Fighter/Thief/Mage

So are any of these classes to crappy or conventional? Have any other comments or suggested characters to play?
#2a_weasel47Posted 12/19/2008 1:14:53 AM
1. you might not like making all your own characters. i've done it before, and it makes it all IWD-like. party interactions are one of the best parts of the game.

2. you have *3* clerics and 1 triple-class mage...not good. reverse this ratio.

3. somewhat lacking in damage-dealers/tanks.

4. jesters aren't too great...take a blade instead.

heres my "interesting" party that i came up with just now:

mage/thief multi
sorcerer
ranger/cleric multi
blade
monk
fighter/mage multi (or kensage, or any normal tank--basically anything that can tank hard, cuz you'll be lacking it elsewhere, at least till your monk levels up enough)

mine has less weird stuff than yours, but all the characters are fun to play and it's very well balanced.
---
47 is 42 adjusted for inflation.
#3SilasirePosted 12/19/2008 4:40:25 AM
instead of all those multiclasses you might be better off ditching the mage altogether (bard can be quite enough, though i would not go with jester, skald is easiest at the start i think, and blade at the end) have a swashbuckler (if you don't mind missing out on the backstabbing) and go with a fighter cleric. thats what I would do anyhoo, I don't think its that much fun to have individual characters trying to fill too many roles.
#4Blind_AssassinPosted 12/19/2008 5:52:05 AM
I love playing with just my own party. I've seen all the character interactions countless times, so I just keep one slot spare for characters with their own quests, and then carry on with my uber power game party.
---
^IMO.
#5noob_of_destiny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2008 9:29:38 AM
I've played enough that I don't need to see character interactions again.

After considering your suggestions I'm thinking maybe:
Skald
Ranger/Cleric
Monk
Avenger
Assassin
Fighter/Mage

The Fighter/Mage is a bit conventional, but whatever. I need an archer and more mage so he'll do. Normally I use some sort of mage and two half mages so I'm looking to cut down on that this game. I'll lower the difficulty if necessary.
#6SilasirePosted 12/19/2008 10:02:14 AM
sounds like a potentially fun party to me
#7Blind_AssassinPosted 12/19/2008 12:08:25 PM
Why not look into some custom kits? There are a few balanced ones out there.

Also: Wild Mage.
---
^IMO.
#8TommySatanPosted 12/20/2008 4:43:03 AM
Here's a couple of interesting new kit packs if you get stuck for ideas:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/swordandfist/

http://www.gibberlings3.net/sns/index.php

---
If it hurts, it means you're still alive