This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cheat code for Pommel Jewel of the Equalizer?

#1CadmapperPosted 3/12/2009 4:07:55 AM
I lost the item when a party member holding it died. Is there any way to get it back?
#2LatronisPosted 3/12/2009 5:06:55 AM
They drop it... components and plot items don't get destroyed

SW1H54C
---
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
It didn't work in Mass Effect... There was just too much foreplay and no sex. - Flo in regards to the Bioware formula.
#3DiutinusPosted 3/12/2009 7:57:45 AM
Speaking of that, l think l'm screwed.

Spoiler Warning

l sold it very early on to the Black Market Thief in the Shadow Thieves guild under the assumption that l could go back for it later. Well, l kinda killed them for Bodhi.

>.>
---
And upon the Rock I shall build my Church, and the gates of Hell shall not withstand it
#4YawgehPosted 3/12/2009 8:49:42 AM
<_< Eh, you're not missing much. Equalizer is pretty lame.
---
If you are unable to spell the word "you" with ALL THREE LETTERS, get the **** off my internets. Thankee kindly. - The23rdMagus
#5RufusCorvusPosted 3/12/2009 5:09:32 PM
Yeah, I remember I was so excited in my first game when I'd gotten all three parts. After it was forged I was just like... "This is it?"
---
I refuse to do business with EA.
#6RequiemPosted 3/12/2009 5:42:37 PM
It's a pretty awesome off hand weapon, since it's bonus carries over to main hand weapon.

---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page
#7Cadmapper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2009 1:46:26 AM
Thanks for the responses. I actually picked up as much gear as I could after my party memebers were killed but somehow I left the pommel behind. When I came back to the site the remaining gear from the dead party members was gone.

If the Equalizer is a pretty lame weapon I won't worry about it then. If it's a good off-hand weapon though then I guess it'll be a bit of a setback. I'm focusing my main character on longsword/katana/two-weapon style specs.
I got the cheats working but I didn't find a code to spawn the pommel. Does anyone know if there is one? Thanks again.
#8zherokPosted 3/15/2009 3:11:06 AM
The problem with the Equalizer is how late you get it and how hyper-specialized it is. You can get the Celestial Fury in chapter 2, setting you up with a +3 katana that stuns if they fail a save, along with a chance at procing 20 extra damage.

The Equalizer in comparison can't be finished until Chapter 6, and at best gives +3 to hit and +6 damage, but if fighting against anything that isn't chaotic or lawful, it does less. At worst, against true neutral creatures, it's only advantages.are that it counts as +3 for what it can hit, and the semi-decent immunities to charm and confusion. So in optimal situations it does 7-14 damage versus a katana that does 4-13. A reasonably large gap at the low end, but that's only at it's best, fighting against Chaotic or Lawful creatures. In many of those cases, you'll probably have something more particular that does quite a bit more damage (Daystar, Dragonslayer to just name two longswords) It's use as an offhand sounds interesting, although I'd have to wonder whether it'd be better compared to one of the +1 attack weapons.
---
In the past talking present tense/Gonna break it/Gonna wreck it/Gonna try to make it all make sense - Modest Mouse "Steam Engenius"
#9Cadmapper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2009 3:38:05 AM
Thanks Zhek. I'm in Chapter 2 now. I analyzed the specs of the Equalizer and saw how much of an upgrade it would be to the weps I currently have but I didn't know you couldn't get it until Chapter 6.
Celesial Fury huh? I'll look into that. Thanks again.
#10LatronisPosted 3/15/2009 3:45:14 AM
i gave you the item code for it in the first reply
---
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
It didn't work in Mass Effect... There was just too much foreplay and no sex. - Flo in regards to the Bioware formula.