This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

cant load copper coronet?

#1Hopz_7Posted 5/7/2009 4:51:41 PM
Everytime i try to move my party to the copper coronet the game crashed. I just hear a ding sound and it jumps to desktop and freezes. I have to control alt delete out.

Im running vista, and installed the game to the c:/ drive instead of the program files. i also clicked to run as administrator. and ive tried running it in windows xp compatibility.

I installed BG2, ToB, official patch, fixpack

Then these mods that are all weidu mods...

Ascension
BG2 tweakpack
G3 anniversary
Oversight
Valhorn
BanterPack
CliffKey-Key holder mod
Questpack
Dungeon Crawler
Emad
Expanded thief stronghold
Item Upgrade
Redemption
Tower of Deception
Turnabout
Unfinished Business
Under represented items in icewindale
Level1NPC's

does anyone see anything that could be messing up the game? i was able to play through the first dungeon, but cant enter the CC. was so excited to play this game again, but now im frustrated.
---
I'm drinkin a beer, I'm smokin a swisher
I barely can steer, Cause i'm full of this liquor - E40
#2SilasirePosted 5/8/2009 12:47:07 AM

Unfortunately I don't think that all the mods being Weidu is enough for there to not be conflicts. Whenever I've tried multiple mods I've had these irritating mishaps as well, though not quite so bad.

#3TazmanianDPosted 5/8/2009 8:56:02 PM

Your mods are the most likely culprit, but I remember one time I was unable to load the Windspear Hills map and tech support told me to delete all the files in the cache directory (which will cause the game to reload them from the CD when needed). If the map got corrupted, that could fix it. Reinstalling the game would fix it too if that was the problem.

#427182818Posted 5/8/2009 9:30:05 PM
Have you tried MoveToArea? I know that it's a pain to do it every time.

CTDs are fairly rare in commonly-used mods, but I'm not well-versed enough to know if you're using something obscure.
#5Hopz_7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2009 12:54:04 AM
thanks for the advice everyone. i think im going to trim down some of the mods. i ended up uninstalling everything, then just reinstalling the game and patch so far. reloaded my save game and was able to zone in fine. so one of the mods was messing it up. im going to try a new install order, then try again. and if that fails, then im done with those mods. too frustrating. i didnt think to try the movetoarea. but yea, that could get old after a while. and it still might crash the game if the zone is bad. if my new install order works, i'll post it here for others. thanks again!
---
#6Hopz_7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2009 3:18:38 AM
well, i couldnt sleep, so i tried this again. did the fresh install before. but now added my mods. copper coronet loads fine now. i tried it on my old save game, so i will have to test a new game tomorrow to see if it works on a fresh game as well. here is my mod list, and the order i installed everything. so hopefully everything is compatible now. hope this helps someone else when trying to figure out install order.

1-BG2
2-ToB
3-official patch

Ascension
BG2 fixpack
Redemption
Turnabout
Dungeon Be Gone
BanterPack
Valhorn
CliffKey-Key container mod
Expanded thief stronghold
Emad
Questpack
Dungeon Crawler
Tower of Deception
G3 anniversary
Under represented items in icewindale
Item Upgrade
Oversight-no cleric pack!
BG2 tweakpack-no cleric pack!
Unfinished Business
Level1NPC's

according to the forum i read, accension has to be installed before the fixpack now because of some bug you cant fix unless you know how to add code to a mod. to complicated for me. and since the tweakpack changes all the items in the game, it needs to be installed towards the end. unfinished business also said to install late. i didnt add any of the kits that came with any of these mods because several of them said they werent compatible to certain things and i wanted to be safe.

if anyone has any questions on what any of these do, or how they work let me know and i'll try to help. and if i run into anymore problems i'll post them here. thanks again for th help!
---
#7NexVesicaPosted 5/9/2009 9:51:57 AM
Whats the key mod thingy out of curiosity?
---
Brawl...feel free to add- 3179-5725-8045
#8Hopz_7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2009 11:23:58 AM
it is a simple mod that gives you a container to hold all the keys you get in the game. it says that you can use the keys from the container so you dont have to take them out. makes it a lot easier. and you have to do a little quest to get it. here is the link to the mod.

this is the description
http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-cliffkey.html

download from here, its the cliffettes mod. A Mod for the Orderly is the name
http://www.gibberlings3.net/downloads/index.php
---