This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mae'Vars' Guildhall, Thieves Guild, and Your Thieves Guild *SPOILERS*

#1mdalynchPosted 8/19/2009 6:22:33 AM
I Can't believe that there wasn't a topic like this already on the board. I for one am not having the greatest of ease running it myself, and so here is the board where I hope we will help eachother.

So primarily my guy is a hero and so "plying an evil trade across Athkatla" doesn't come naturally. Sure I've had to do some bribbery to get my thieves out of jail, what you thought that they'd nay get caught? Yeah me too. But that wasn't a problem.

My real problem is paying my Thieves Guild dues. That guy is supposed to be there when I re-assign my thieves! What Gives! I have waited and waited. I've gone to and fro from one end of the City to the other just looking for, and awaiting the dues officers arrival in my guildhall.

Any and all advice to this or anything thieves guild related will be welcomed here. Thank you all.
#2black spiderPosted 8/19/2009 6:59:02 AM
You'll get a little text above your head saying that he's in your guild, waiting to collect. Until then, you may as well enjoy not having to pay. Personally, I'd play along for now, get to Chapter 6 and then bring down all the shadow thieves. They're of no use to you at this point, they're no longer the better of two evils, and so you may as well smite them.
---
You are as full of it as you are hollow! - Entropy
#3BgSoAPosted 8/19/2009 8:10:28 AM
I'm pretty sure if at any point in the game you start killing Shadow Thieves inside their main base, you die.
---
"The pain will only be passing, you should survive the process." - Jon Irenicus' best pickup line.
#4mdalynch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2009 8:39:06 AM
What do you mean "you die" like "Insta-Death," Ha Ha Ha Bring it on!

But if your certain that it'll put that thing over my head then I'm gonna go back to my mission. TY 4 your Help guys.
#5black spiderPosted 8/19/2009 9:00:00 AM
I'm pretty sure if at any point in the game you start killing Shadow Thieves inside their main base, you die.
Maybe before you go to Spellhold, but nothing happens in chapter 6. It could be a fixpack thing, of curse, but I've got nothing else installed that should affect this. Also remember that if you ally with Bodhi, you actually *have* to kill the shadow thieves.

There's also another bonus. There's an extra pair of Boots of Speed among the shadow thieves. Can't remember if it's Aran or Renal who's wearing them, though.
---
You are as full of it as you are hollow! - Entropy
#6NexVesicaPosted 8/20/2009 9:49:07 PM
IIRC you'll still spawn Mr. Killsword, the only time you don't is when you're not working with them. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fix pack though, this is just based off of my memories from playing a few years ago unfix patched to see if I could timestop/shapechange kill him.
---
Brawl...feel free to add- 3179-5725-8045
#7TimEnchanterPosted 8/21/2009 10:10:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]