This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cheats not working with windows 7

#1bkresgePosted 6/25/2010 10:34:39 AM
I have played this game a million times, on different versions of windows. This is my favorite game of all time, and I have decided to play it yet again, since I have gotten sick of people on WOW. However, yes i am lazy and want to play with the cheats. I added the debug mode in the .ini file, which was no small task, due to the security measures on the new windows. I am coming to the problem when i try to bring up the cluaconsole. When i press space/ctrl all it does is pause. Is there anything i am doing wrong, or can do to fix this?
#2mrolympia78Posted 6/25/2010 2:31:11 PM
I have the same exact problem with windows 7 and cheats. hope you have an old computer to play it on, that's what I do. I just keep an old PC to play the baldur's gate saga on.
---
Iowa - 2010 Orange Bowl Champions
#3goldenmouthPosted 6/25/2010 2:48:22 PM
There is a simple solution for the TC's issue which can be found with a search engine, called Google.

I'm using Win7 and I've got no problems with my console coming up - because I know about Google.

Anyway, about using an old computer for old games and a new computer for new games, it makes sense doesn't it?

You could tweak and mod the hell out of your game to get it working, but why bother?

Another way, a way I have grown to love, is called virtualisation, and it enables me to run several operating systems from the one install, from the lowest-brow stuff like Windows95 to the highest-brow Linux.

I mean, imagine playing BG1 and Planescape glitch-free, without mods, under the O.S with the APIs and drivers they were designed for?
Imagine playing Fallout like that!

Virtualisation is the key. Virtualisation.

---
XD @ the fat kid's rant about bullies. You sound like an after-school program on legs. Big, meaty sausage legs. - Absurd Questions to The_Pig_ aka hairymanboobs now BGrools, 6/10/08.