The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game crashing in world map (Spoilers)

#1DrunkenMaster0Posted 9/25/2011 11:42:01 AM
I just killed Bodhi and am trying to report back to the war elves. However, whenever I try to click on the "forest" locations on the world map (e.g. Underdark exit, Tethir forest, etc.) the game crashes on me once it is nearly loaded. I have installed the latest TOB patch and Balderdash fixes on the game, am I am running a few mods (Unfinished Business, Banter Pack). Is there anything I can do to fix this bug? Thanks.
#2TommySatanPosted 9/25/2011 12:33:27 PM
Have you checked your disc for any marks or scratches? The only time my game's crashed during loading has been due to a dodgy disc.
---
Holy father reaps earth's seed. Sacred mother spreads his disease.
http://www.last.fm/user/The_Technogoat
#3TazmanianDPosted 9/25/2011 3:35:36 PM

I had this happen to me once where some of the cached data files were corrupted for some reason. I don't remember the exact folder but there should be a "cache" folder somewhere in your installation directory. You should try moving it someone else (instead of just deleting it). That'll force it to reload the data from disk and that might help.

#4DrunkenMaster0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2011 1:11:04 PM
Thanks guys! One quick question before I try this out - I am using a GOG version of the game, so I have no CD. Could this be influencing the crash?