This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any console commands to fast-track a romance to the end?

#1backfire29Posted 11/22/2011 7:20:12 PM
Preferably in a manner that doesn't totally break stuff, but who can be picky!

Been trying to get Jaheira's to wrap up properly, hasn't been any dialogue or events since LD18 (as the FAQ organizes it). Opened up Shadowkeeper, the romance is active, and I've set the jaheiraromance variable to 1 without results. Can't find that "lovetalk" variable that's supposed to be there, and adding it myself didn't make a lick of difference.

Scoured the forums for answers, and I've had it with trying to get it done quasi-properly; I've spawned my Dermin's and Advanced my RealTimes without results, now I just wanna get the dang thing moving along so's I can have a properly dramatic Chapter 6 finale. Anything for that?
#2red255Posted 11/22/2011 8:20:51 PM
go to the woods, and rest for 50 days. like the area near the umar hills where the shadow king was returning.

Don't try to console erratically.

also use a 'can't fail jahiera romance mod'
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#3DarthMordechaiPosted 11/22/2011 10:47:24 PM
Even with the fixes, Jaheira romance is incredibly erratic. If you use the console to move things forward it will probably screw up, and I've had mixed results using Shadowkeeper to push it forward too

Your best bet for SoA is to get the romance so far and then just carry it over into ToB, which is a lot more steady. If you really must get the Harper Pin legitimately, then let it take its natural course. Some things may be buggy (Last time I tried this I got the first Dermin encounter, the next talk was Jaheira complaining about Dermin dying) but I can guarentee you'll get to the end that way
---
My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce
LADIES WATCH OUT FOR YOUR MAN HE MAY BE TRYING TO EAT 50 MCNUGGETS AS YOU READ THIS
#4backfire29(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2011 5:11:46 PM
Do these no-fail romance mods just mean there's no way to prematurely end the romance, or does it actually address the issue of scripts failing to fire properly? It's really not a matter of in-game time, since the last dialogue was four chapters and sixty days ago, despite the romance still being on. I've given up on "moving it forward"; I don't mind skipping chunks of content if that's what it takes to get things back on rails.
#5red255Posted 11/23/2011 5:22:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVwThgSFBFI
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#6DarthMordechaiPosted 11/23/2011 11:44:01 PM
Do these no-fail romance mods just mean there's no way to prematurely end the romance, or does it actually address the issue of scripts failing to fire properly?

It means no matter what you say in the romance talks it keeps the romance going. Like I said, there are fixes for Jaheira's romance around although they don't really do much, as the entire romance is still a mess
---
LADIES WATCH OUT FOR YOUR MAN HE MAY BE TRYING TO EAT 50 MCNUGGETS AS YOU READ THIS
#7DarthMordechaiPosted 11/23/2011 11:49:23 PM
Also red, this George Michael song is far more appropriate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLU6zKaws
---
#8backfire29(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2011 12:07:24 PM
Accidentally found the answer in DSimpson's lovely walkthrough, so that's that! Just had to set another global and spawn to get Terminsel's bony hide to show and wrap things up, and changed the romanceactive variable from 1 to 2 to get the kidnapping thing to play out in the graveyard. Kinda a shame, since Jaheira's character quest is actually kinda neat, but that's what spoilers are for. Not that the actual romance itself is all that great, who writes this stuff.

Thanks anyway, though; just searching shows it's a common enough question to lose patience with.