This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which weapons can backstab?

#11red255Posted 8/23/2012 10:27:33 PM
DarthMordechai posted...
Seriously red, you're tyring to start an argument about semantics? You're better than this. What happened man, you've changed

Trying to? Pretty sure we got one going?

or do you mean one where I could just say something then the board goes at it for 50 posts of inane nerd garble blogging?
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#12NingishzidaPosted 8/24/2012 12:05:47 AM
well if you gotta qstaff and even if its animated as an overhead swing or a jab, who cares.
its treated mechanically as a backstab, so call it a backwhack if you must, it still multiplies the damage as per the rules.

lets move on, TC's got his answer, and as usual on this board, he's got more info about it than he'll ever need

i guess i just lament the fact that he's too much of a casual gamer to work it out himself ?
#13wirts_leg_Posted 8/24/2012 3:42:00 AM
Backstabbing with a blunt weapon isn't nearly as ridiculous as backstabbing an amorphous creature such as a slime that has no actual sides, no front, no back, etc.
#14NormnStansfieldPosted 8/24/2012 5:48:40 AM
you're going to want to coat the staff or ram in a good, even layer of water based lubricant...
---
the artist formerly known as southe.
#15red255Posted 8/24/2012 6:56:28 AM
wirts_leg_ posted...
Backstabbing with a blunt weapon isn't nearly as ridiculous as backstabbing an amorphous creature such as a slime that has no actual sides, no front, no back, etc.

its enchanted. Enchantments dictate what it can hit. so I assume the enchantment handles that issue.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#16wirts_leg_Posted 8/24/2012 7:37:11 AM
red255 posted...
its enchanted. Enchantments dictate what it can hit. so I assume the enchantment handles that issue.

WHOOSH

That's the sound of my post going completely over your head.

Enchantment isn't going to a slime a backside for you to backstab.
#17red255Posted 8/24/2012 7:39:04 AM
wirts_leg_ posted...
red255 posted...

WHOOSH

That's the sound of my post going completely over your head.

Enchantment isn't going to a slime a backside for you to backstab.

Chew Chew thats the sound of the food train coming to get you fed.

.....what are we 4? do you need a diape change?
---
#18wirts_leg_Posted 8/24/2012 8:03:51 AM
red255 posted...
Chew Chew thats the sound of the food train coming to get you fed.

Was the even supposed to make sense?

.....what are we 4? do you need a diape change?

What 4 year old still wears diapers? 4 years is pre-school age. Pre-school kids don't wear diapers, unless their parents were irresponsible and never potty trained them properly.
#19NightmareKind(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2012 11:15:41 AM(edited)
backstabbing an amorphous creature such as a slime that has no actual side

Haha I like backstabbing those obnoxious things. The Slow effect of their projectiles is a pain, and since they're immune to magic backstabbing really comes in handy. Yeah, it doesn't make sense though.