This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I import my BG:EE save into BG II?

#1Parasect_FanPosted 7/14/2013 9:25:52 AM
With the news that the progress on BGII: EE is sketchy and may not be released for God knows how long, I've decided that I might rather just pick up BG II.

Since I had never played Baldur's Gate before, the EE was my first playthrough. I don't have a Vanilla or Tutu version of BG or anything like that, and I'm not going to do something stupid like purchase Vanilla/Tutu BG.

If I can import my save into BG II from BG:EE than I'll buy it and wait for/give up on BGII: EE. If not, than I guess I'll wait. I can't think of any reason that I wouldn't be able to import (I don't even have one of the new classes; my character is a Skald), but I'm not particularly computer savvy.

Thanks.
---
Sermo meus tela potentissima
#2valkod23Posted 7/14/2013 4:38:50 PM
Parasect_Fan posted...
With the news that the progress on BGII: EE is sketchy and may not be released for God knows how long, I've decided that I might rather just pick up BG II.

Since I had never played Baldur's Gate before, the EE was my first playthrough. I don't have a Vanilla or Tutu version of BG or anything like that, and I'm not going to do something stupid like purchase Vanilla/Tutu BG.

If I can import my save into BG II from BG:EE than I'll buy it and wait for/give up on BGII: EE. If not, than I guess I'll wait. I can't think of any reason that I wouldn't be able to import (I don't even have one of the new classes; my character is a Skald), but I'm not particularly computer savvy.

Thanks.

I don't think it'll work, there are likely flags set up for the characters that won't be accepted by a BG2 import.
---
PSN: Valkod
Playing Dark Souls and Baldur's Gate Trilogy right now.
#3Parasect_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 5:35:45 PM
Damn, I hope that isn't true. I'm probably going to buy BGII either way, but I do hope I can import. I don't think the lack of import will hurt too badly though; as I understand it, the only things imported are levels, stats (modified by the tomes), and a few items. I could probably get a mod so I could just set my stats to what they were and bump my level to what it was, so I think I'll manage.

Still, if anyone could back him up/refute him and tell me why, I would appreciate it. I'm not going to be buying it for a bit due to lack of teh moniez.
---
#4roddyrodPosted 7/14/2013 5:55:09 PM
Parasect_Fan posted...
I could probably get a mod so I could just set my stats to what they were and bump my level to what it was, so I think I'll manage.

You can use Shadow Keeper or just the console to give yourself experience and add tomes to your inventory to read. I'm not sure if directly editing your stats with SK adds the bonuses properly. I know in some cases it doesn't, but I'm not sure exactly when.

Although, according to:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12075/importing-bg-ee-character-to-standard-bg2
you can import just fine.

Now, I have a burning, entirely rational hatred of BG:EE, so at this stage I start flaming you for buying that steamer and for actually wanting to buy the 'enhanced' sequel. Just insert your insults of choice here; I'll spare you the actual vitriol. I'm nice that way.
#5Parasect_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 6:24:10 PM
roddyrod posted...
Parasect_Fan posted...
I could probably get a mod so I could just set my stats to what they were and bump my level to what it was, so I think I'll manage.

You can use Shadow Keeper or just the console to give yourself experience and add tomes to your inventory to read. I'm not sure if directly editing your stats with SK adds the bonuses properly. I know in some cases it doesn't, but I'm not sure exactly when.

Although, according to:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12075/importing-bg-ee-character-to-standard-bg2
you can import just fine.

Now, I have a burning, entirely rational hatred of BG:EE, so at this stage I start flaming you for buying that steamer and for actually wanting to buy the 'enhanced' sequel. Just insert your insults of choice here; I'll spare you the actual vitriol. I'm nice that way.

Thanks for the held. I had some comments on how I'm fine with having purchased the Enhanced Edition, but I suppose it would be better to leave sleeping dogs lie, as much as a loathe feigned affability.
---
#6red255Posted 7/15/2013 3:42:10 AM
yeah as mentioned you can always fake import using a save editor like shadowkeeper
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.