This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BREAKING NEWS: Jordans kings attacked

#1SkasaPosted 6/13/2011 7:13:30 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13751299

Jordans going to fall next.
---
Proud Traditionalist and Conservative.
Remember X-japan! He will live on in!
#2Darkman124Posted 6/13/2011 7:18:55 AM
That's definitely not a monarchy I want to see fall. I support this dictatorship. It is a strongly pro-US ally, and greatly simplifies US/Israeli regional interests. Historically most assaults against Israeli positions (actual ones in '47-'48, prepped ones in '67, actual ones in '73) came from Jordan.

The current monarchy is the ultimate buffer and prevents us from having to make expensive emergency arms sales to our ally in the event of war.
---
Life is not a zero sum game.
#3theSMITHSPosted 6/13/2011 7:24:34 AM
It is a strongly pro-US ally, and greatly simplifies US/Israeli regional interests.

In that case, Jordan's rulers have license to do whatever they want to quell protests and dissent.
#4RufusNKenRSTierPosted 6/13/2011 7:25:08 AM
Forget about him, what about their Queen?
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#5Darkman124Posted 6/13/2011 7:25:26 AM
theSMITHS posted...
It is a strongly pro-US ally, and greatly simplifies US/Israeli regional interests.

In that case, Jordan's rulers have license to do whatever they want to quell protests and dissent.

Ugh, I hope they can quell the dissent without killing anybody.
---
#6Darkman124Posted 6/13/2011 7:25:40 AM
RufusNKenRSTier posted...
Forget about him, what about their Queen?

She's still hot.
---
#7god_of_toastPosted 6/13/2011 7:33:32 AM
theSMITHS posted...

That is such a **** mentality to hold. I see patriotism as holding up your nations ideals. Without that a nation isnt a nation imo.
---
[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]
#8Sir WillPosted 6/13/2011 7:55:26 AM
He may have been making fun of the world's attitude towards Syria. People there are doing monstrous things but the world barely speaks out against them because of Isreal.
---
Raymund: 83 Night Elf Beast Master Hunter - Lothar
Tancoo: 80 Tauren Enhance Shaman - Quel'Dorei
#9Partisan_HackPosted 6/13/2011 8:20:03 AM
Hasn't one of them been on the Stew-Beef Show before? I know he's had some high ranking official from Jordan on a few times. They seem nice enough. :(
---
Fire Mike Alden.
THE University of Missouri
#10k darkfirePosted 6/13/2011 8:30:28 AM(edited)
Darkman124 posted...
theSMITHS posted...

Ugh, I hope they can quell the dissent without killing anybody.

Jordan already had protests and they were peaceful and the king had the prime minister replaced by someone else because nobody liked the first guy. Errr..I mean Jordans a fairly liberal country from what I've seen and read. Jordan is useful to the US because 1. They have no problems with us, 2. they are reasonable even if they don't like Israel. 3. They hate al-qaeda (Jordan suffered several serious attacks on it's soil by al-qaeda), and have helped us in Iraq.

yeah the king did an interview on Jon Stewarts show. The king is pretty smart, and idealistic.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/301ovpu.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2qsqihw.gif