This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BREAKING NEWS: Jordans kings attacked

#11StartrekkyPosted 6/13/2011 8:44:17 AM

I support this dictatorship. It is a strongly pro-US ally

It always disgusts me to see people like you who can't see past your own border...
---
With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. --Picard
#12Darkman124Posted 6/13/2011 8:46:30 AM
k darkfire posted...
Darkman124 posted...
theSMITHS posted...
It is a strongly pro-US ally, and greatly simplifies US/Israeli regional interests.

In that case, Jordan's rulers have license to do whatever they want to quell protests and dissent.

Ugh, I hope they can quell the dissent without killing anybody.

Jordan already had protests and they were peaceful and the king had the prime minister replaced by someone else because nobody liked the first guy. Errr..I mean Jordans a fairly liberal country from what I've seen and read. Jordan is useful to the US because 1. They have no problems with us, 2. they are reasonable even if they don't like Israel. 3. They hate al-qaeda (Jordan suffered several serious attacks on it's soil by al-qaeda), and have helped us in Iraq.

yeah the king did an interview on Jon Stewarts show. The king is pretty smart, and idealistic.

It's my hope that similar means are sufficient to allow him to retain his power.

Startrekky posted...
I support this dictatorship. It is a strongly pro-US ally
It always disgusts me to see people like you who can't see past your own border...

You know I do see past my own border. I also recognize his leadership in Jordan is critical for our own foreign policy--and I hope he does not do what Bashir has done in Syria.
---
Life is not a zero sum game.
#13WileECoytePosted 6/13/2011 11:59:42 AM
Of all the Muslim nations I've been to Jordan was by far the most sort of, "westernized". There were plenty of women professional and mundane walking around with out the mumbo jumbo hoods and crap. I was more comfortable there than even Kuwait and those guys were literally kissing our behind. Turkey was said to be better though but I never had the opportunity to go. The poor might be feeling the strain of high food prices but that really sucks if they start to have mass protests, Jordan really is progressive by Muslim standards.

BTW, Arab women in business suits are hot for some reason.
#14RRtexasranger13Posted 6/13/2011 12:35:24 PM
Did the TC even read the article? He wasn't attacked.

Also TC, please learn to use apostrophes.
---
Star Trek Sim
http://www.powellentertainment.net/trek/index.php?act=idx
#15Slim_CTASPosted 6/13/2011 1:43:10 PM(edited)
Absolutely no good reason to wish Jordan's leadership to fall other than idiotic "democratic" zealotry.

---
The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
#16fire810Posted 6/13/2011 2:25:30 PM
I clicked this topic thinking that it was going to be basketball related, lol