This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

hey REPUBS, our taxes are the lowest they've been in 50 years

#1LuigisBroPosted 7/13/2011 3:05:56 PM
so where are the jobs?

fact is we had explosive job growth during the Clinton years after he raised taxes, higher taxes didn't stop corporations from creating jobs like Republicans keep claiming, higher taxes = more jobs
---
TGS predictions - slimmer PS3, NGP - $199, PS3 DQX, PS3 gets PS2 bc, Cafe - $599, Zelda SS moved to Cafe
#2Yawn_Master2Posted 7/13/2011 3:07:35 PM
Though the Republicans have created a false solution to our job problem, in their defense Clinton had great timing with the internet/tech boom and all. Investments might have risen greater than any other period of American history.
#3LuigisBro(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 3:12:56 PM
^ the Republican logic is that such investment would happen when taxes are low, but in reality they happened when taxes were high
---
TGS predictions - slimmer PS3, NGP - $199, PS3 DQX, PS3 gets PS2 bc, Cafe - $599, Zelda SS moved to Cafe
#4Yawn_Master2Posted 7/13/2011 3:14:59 PM
yes, but again we had the creation of entirely new market booming. The computer/internet industry went from minor to major player, and thus the huge increase in jobs. Taxes didn't play a huge role in that instance.
#5Barenziah Boy ToyPosted 7/13/2011 3:20:37 PM
Taxes didn't play a huge role in that instance.

Which demonstrates the point that high taxes do not prevent emerging markets from taking form. High taxes occurred in the 40s through 60s too, and America was booming as well.
---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#6Yawn_Master2Posted 7/13/2011 3:26:52 PM
Barenziah Boy Toy posted...

Which demonstrates the point that high taxes do not prevent emerging markets from taking form. High taxes occurred in the 40s through 60s too, and America was booming as well.

The 40's were booming because of the highest run debt America has ever had (In relation to GDP). This huge amount of government spending because of WWII made it nearly impossible for Americans to have a work ethic and be unemployed.

In the 60's everyone was on Acid and thought they could fly. This created a huge demand for fake wings, headbands, and ER nurses.
#7sfcalimariPosted 7/13/2011 3:35:48 PM
Yawn_Master2 posted...
The computer/internet industry went from minor to major player, and thus the huge increase in jobs.

Tech hardly created any jobs compared to the economy as a whole. I think it gets pointed to too easily as a cause of the good times in the 90's.
---
http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/7074/stewbeef.png
#8deContevillePosted 7/13/2011 4:11:55 PM
In the 60's everyone was on Acid and thought they could fly.

One of the few good things to happen in this countries history was the rampant consumption of LSD and weed, especially the former.
---
A Feudal Reactionary
#9B4TT3RYPosted 7/13/2011 4:47:22 PM
Yawn_Master2 posted...
yes, but again we had the creation of entirely new market booming. The computer/internet industry went from minor to major player, and thus the huge increase in jobs. Taxes didn't play a huge role in that instance.

If I'd have to make a wager I'd say that more Internet jobs were created between 2000-2010 than 1990-2000
---
Thank you for posting. Here at the Forum we greatly value your input!- TheHarmfulOne
#10Still_FutilePosted 7/13/2011 7:17:35 PM
INCOME TAXES are the lowest in about 25 years yes, but i could rattle off 10 new taxes taxes that have appeared in the past 15 years such as the tan tax.

Bad logic on dems part, i wish someone would call them on this.
---
I swear, before I die, I going to kick you in the nuts, bacon. - Stryker