This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

hey REPUBS, our taxes are the lowest they've been in 50 years

#11Billy Bob JoePosted 7/13/2011 7:23:21 PM

the tan tax.

are you actually serious
---
The free market will decide whether you steer your Escalade into a nursery school or not. - Cruithear
http://www.youtube.com/user/BillyBobJoeIsaac
#12-Kicksave-Posted 7/13/2011 10:56:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#13mizukage2Posted 7/13/2011 10:54:37 PM
Billy Bob Joe posted...
the tan tax.
are you actually serious

Yes, but he could have been a bit more informative. You don't get taxed for getting a tan, you get taxed for using a tanning salon. You are free to get a tan for free by doing things the old fashioned way and laying in the sun. And taxing certain goods and services isn't new anyway.
---
http://gerardwhyte.net/images/misc/reaganomics.jpg
#14Orange ClockworkPosted 7/14/2011 1:17:12 AM
Yawn_Master2 posted...
yes, but again we had the creation of entirely new market booming. The computer/internet industry went from minor to major player, and thus the huge increase in jobs. Taxes didn't play a huge role in that instance.

They don't play a huge role in job creation in general.
---
If you build a man a fire, he is warm for the rest of the night.
If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.
#15Orange ClockworkPosted 7/14/2011 1:18:33 AM
Yawn_Master2 posted...
Barenziah Boy Toy posted...

Which demonstrates the point that high taxes do not prevent emerging markets from taking form. High taxes occurred in the 40s through 60s too, and America was booming as well.

The 40's were booming because of the highest run debt America has ever had (In relation to GDP). This huge amount of government spending because of WWII made it nearly impossible for Americans to have a work ethic and be unemployed.

In the 60's everyone was on Acid and thought they could fly. This created a huge demand for fake wings, headbands, and ER nurses.

Which is why I find it funny the republicans keep saying that higher taxes will the economy during a recession, as if they think cutting government spending won't hurt it or something.
---
If you build a man a fire, he is warm for the rest of the night.
If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.
#16BobGeorgePosted 7/14/2011 3:16:04 AM
LuigisBro posted...
so where are the jobs?

Ask Obama. He's the one killing them.
---
"I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money." - Barack Obama 4/29/10
#17Cubbiesboy22Posted 7/14/2011 3:24:32 AM
BobGeorge posted...
LuigisBro posted...
so where are the jobs?

Ask Obama. He's the one killing them.

Please elaborate, how is Obama killing jobs? Please, I'm serious, I'd like to hear the facts behind this statement.
#18KoolAssAssassinPosted 7/14/2011 7:03:29 AM
You know, what's funnier to me than the Republicans refusing any raising of taxes is the fact that they also refuse to close any loopholes. Ok you don't want to raise taxes? Fine, but why would you be against making it so that people have to the taxes they are actually supposed to?

This is why the whole class warfare argument is a crock. Republicans are always whining about high taxes on rich people being an attempt to reorganize the wealth, but that's BS. We all know that rich people have tons of ways of avoiding paying taxes anyway. I would not at all doubt that even now there are tons of rich people out there paying a lower percentage of their income in taxes than most mid or low income people.

It's also hillarious that Republicans always talk like they are concerned for the people. What people? Less than 10% of the country makes over 160K a year.

http://www.marketingcharts.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/motherjones-average-income-per-family-feb-2011.JPG

At one point, the "tax the rich" method was only going to apply to people making 250K and above. That means the vast majority of peope wouldn't be affected, yet the Republicans had all these people who will never see that kind of income in their lives getting all upset. Honestly, what is the problem with redistributing the wealth a little anyway? Do people really not see a problem with the top 10% of the richest people in the country controlling almost 70% of the nation's wealth. Bloody revolutions have been started because of conditions like that.
#19KinethPosted 7/14/2011 7:29:15 AM
Class warfare is just the rich trying to make the peons pay more money and the peons saying "you can't get blood from a turnip".
---
http://i53.tinypic.com/2mfdvsg.gif
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwkKqkwd0n0 www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzJacqsFNfo www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnHLgxKUsEA