This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll on "revolutionary" ideas

#11Evil Genius 9Posted 7/13/2011 7:06:43 PM
Left-leaning progressive.

#1 - No. Isn't it a big enough mess with 435 members?

#2 - Just get rid of the Senate altogether. If that was done, I might support adding 100 members to the House.

#3 - No. People need to realize that the "fair tax" is just a way to trick people into letting the rich pay less taxes and the poor more taxes. Hint: If they call it something intentionally mollifying like "fair tax" and it's pushed by people like the Cato Institute, IT'S A TRAP!!!

#4 - Support. I think anyone of any political affiliation would be stupid not to support this.

---
SPORTS: Special Olympics T-Ball Stand Pitches Perfect Game...
www.theonion.com
#12TaiIs82Posted 7/13/2011 7:23:23 PM
I'd support 2, maybe 3.
---
Lover of free speech and America, defender of life, winner on all counts. Oh, and it's a choice.
6 recoveries, 43 shut ups, 5 price is right losing horns.
#13Ptah_KhnemuPosted 7/13/2011 9:28:01 PM
I'm a liberal. I'm not american, but if I was I would support #4 and none of the others.
---
"Ptah_Khnemu, you are a shining god among mere mortal posters."
-RufusNKenRSTier
#14mizukage2Posted 7/13/2011 9:33:19 PM
What possible reason other then 'it was what the founders wanted!11!!!1' could people have for supporting the removal of our direct vote of senators?
---
http://gerardwhyte.net/images/misc/reaganomics.jpg
#15Smelly_GaragePosted 7/13/2011 10:01:05 PM
#4 only. None of these ideas are "revolutionary" though.
---
Hurr
#16StartrekkyPosted 7/13/2011 10:03:34 PM

From: Evil Genius 9 | Posted: 7/13/2011 9:06:43 PM | #011
#1 - No. Isn't it a big enough mess with 435 members?

No, our representation is pathetic compared to most countries. We deserve to be represented more. It would have the duel effect of lessening corruption since each individual representative would have less power.
---
With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. --Picard
#17WhiteBIackflamePosted 7/13/2011 10:54:54 PM(edited)
I'm a liberal and I'm in favor of 1 (but not to the point of making it massive) and hugely in favor of 4. Massively against 2 and 3.

Edit: Although on the subject of the Senate, I don't think that it should exist in the first place. Wyoming doesn't deserve the same say as California in any forum.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/WhiteBlackflame
Ayn Rand was the literary equivalent of Dream Theater. - PowerforPower
#18mizukage2Posted 7/13/2011 11:00:33 PM
WhiteBIackflame posted...
I'm a liberal and I'm in favor of 1 (but not to the point of making it massive) and hugely in favor of 4. Massively against 2 and 3.

Edit: Although on the subject of the Senate, I don't think that it should exist in the first place. Wyoming doesn't deserve the same say as California in any forum.

What did the people of Wyoming do to deserve being screwed over by the fact that the arbitrarily decided track of land they live on has fewer people then what California does? Small population states shouldn't be at the mercy of the bigger states screwing them over in their own interest.
---
http://gerardwhyte.net/images/misc/reaganomics.jpg
#19D23NZPosted 7/13/2011 11:23:09 PM
I support 4 for electing presidents, governors, mayors etc, and although I think it would be a big improvement to the current legislative branch voting method, I think proportional representation would be even better.
#20D23NZPosted 7/13/2011 11:24:12 PM
What 3 describes, isnít a fair tax.