This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sometimes I hate being a progressive

#1OhNoPeppyHarePosted 8/12/2011 3:57:25 PM
Feingold, Wiener, Grayson are all out of office when they shouldn't have, Uygur and Olbermann are out of the mainstream media, and Obama's disappointed me so much I can't see myself voting for him. I hated having to vote between Sharron Angle and Harry Reid, and picking Reid really made me feel ashamed to be a Nevadan.

The only good news I hear is every time Franken or Sanders does or says something great, but it doesn't seem to ring that much as much as the Weinergate controversy did. That rant Dylan Ratigan did a few days ago was incredible and I wish every American would see or at least hear about it, but I know how much people hate on MSNBC. Jon Stewart's cool too, but as long as he's on Comedy Central, his critics will just label him a comedian and brush him off.

Thanks a lot, politics. Made me all pessimistic.
---
This sig is imba for Terran
#2Iamdead7Posted 8/12/2011 3:59:03 PM
Pretty much how I feel, except I got to vote for Feingold and he lost :(
---
Coincidence that a self-avowed Communist is so against democracy and traditional marriage? - SephG after misquoting me hilariously
#3chaos knightPosted 8/12/2011 4:19:38 PM
Corporations rule America, and there's nothing we can do about it.
---
Seattle Sports, yo
Not changing sig until Chone Figgins is gone from Seattle - Started 6/22/11
#4Anti_PhiIosophyPosted 8/12/2011 4:24:02 PM
pro-tip, your votes don't do jacks*** anyway.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59943120
#5OhNoPeppyHare(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 4:25:18 PM
chaos knight posted...
Corporations rule America, and there's nothing we can do about it.

I just wish we had better financial regulation. I mean we consider these corporations to be human entities capable of buying all of our politicians, and we wonder why Congress sucks so much. You would think conservatives and liberals alike would be furious over giving our money to Wall Street every damn time, but for some reason we have different ways to get angry at each other.
---
#6OhNoPeppyHare(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 4:29:41 PM
Anti_PhiIosophy posted...

I read that topic. It was an interesting read, but I still believe in the principles of democracy despite being royally screwed over many a time. Al Franken didn't win a seat in the Senate out of luck. Every vote for him counted and he's doing a great job in the Senate fighting for net neutrality.
---
#7LuigisBroPosted 8/12/2011 4:54:11 PM
OhNoPeppyHare posted...
Jon Stewart's cool too, but as long as he's on Comedy Central, his critics will just label him a comedian and brush him off.

except Stewart likes to pretend he's unbiased instead of being in the far left
---
TGS predictions - slimmer PS3, NGP - $199, PS3 DQX, PS3 gets PS2 bc, Cafe - $599, Zelda SS moved to Cafe
#8Anti_PhiIosophyPosted 8/12/2011 5:00:45 PM
OhNoPeppyHare posted...

I read that topic. It was an interesting read, but I still believe in the principles of democracy despite being royally screwed over many a time. Al Franken didn't win a seat in the Senate out of luck. Every vote for him counted and he's doing a great job in the Senate fighting for net neutrality.

Democracy for who? Democracy for the rich, for the business class, I always like to juxtapose the dictatorship of the proletariat with the dictatorship of the bourgeoise which we have today. The bourgeois always win the elections, they have a class dictatorship, they may organise themselves democratically, but that's only INSIDE of their little castles of utopia like the teutonic knights of old.
#9Master MateriaPosted 8/12/2011 5:20:44 PM
A lot of people feel similar only put in their own ideology.
Unless someone is a corporatist police state lover, the country is moving in the wrong direction.

Doesn't matter if you're libertarian, progressive, or socially conservative. In any of these cases, the country is moving in an entirely different direction.
---
#10OhNoPeppyHare(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 5:22:40 PM
OhNoPeppyHare posted...

Democracy for who? Democracy for the rich, for the business class, I always like to juxtapose the dictatorship of the proletariat with the dictatorship of the bourgeoise which we have today. The bourgeois always win the elections, they have a class dictatorship, they may organise themselves democratically, but that's only INSIDE of their little castles of utopia like the teutonic knights of old.

Nah, I gotta bring up the case of Franken again. Norm Coleman had a reputation for being corrupt and accepted all sorts of gifts from the wealthy, and with that his position was bought. I was skeptical, because we know that money = power. Franken was gonna be screwed with all of the attacks on him and campaign contributions given to Coleman. I thought Franken didn't have a chance because the entire right wing was trying to save Coleman and ruin "that guy from SNL." But I'm glad Minnesotans were fed up with being lied to by someone corrupt and elected a guy who, for the most part, has been fighting hard even if it's a losing battle. Franken has not been caving to the pressures of big business and the bourgeoise, as you put it, and I'm glad for that. We need more people like him.

It's understandable to be skeptical but I can't see any form of progress in the country if we just let the wealthy bully us they way they do. We need real fighters in the government to stand up for us.
---