This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ROFL did Rick Santorum really say Iran has been at war with us since 1979?

#11coconutjuicePosted 8/13/2011 9:55:15 AM
I donít think any State should have nuclear weapons. But, as Ron Paul said, Iran probably arenít pursuing nuclear weapons. Even if they were, Iím not too distressed about it. I trust America far less with nuclear weapons than Iran. Iran has not invaded another country for over a hundred years. Whereas America has been the most belligerent country in the world for the last hundred years and is the only country that has ever used nuclear weapons (murdering over 200 thousand innocent people in Japan).
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/2nst8cw.jpg
"Call it democracy in action or utterly corrupt governance; they are the same thing." - Robert Higgs
#12Slim_CTASPosted 8/13/2011 9:56:44 AM(edited)

Iranians are shapeshifters and they're responsible for every American death in history.

XD

Also, Santorum keeps calling Afghans "Afghanistanis". Its pretty hilarious.

---
http://freeblago.forumotion.com/
The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
#13-Kicksave-Posted 8/13/2011 10:08:24 AM
But, as Ron Paul said, Iran probably arenít pursuing nuclear weapons.

Bachmann, love her or hate her, sits on the intelligence committee. Santorum--love him or hate him, developed foreign policy in this region. Paul does not--and even he said during the debate that it'd be natural for them to want them. Geopolitically, there's no reason for Iran not to pursue them convertly. It makes sense in every possible strategic way.
#14MephsuitPosted 8/13/2011 11:56:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15JVillJagsPosted 8/13/2011 12:33:11 PM
Nukes have been around since the 40's. Honestly I'm surprised more countries haven't gotten nukes over the last few decades.
---
If it's wet and warm and not yours use precautions.
My dad talking to kids about infection control.
#16atmasabrPosted 8/13/2011 1:27:33 PM
It was the best exchange of the debate.
---
I did my own research. I rock!
#17Pale HorsemanPosted 8/13/2011 1:32:39 PM
That part really did make Paul shine; I think it gave him the most talk time on that issue and it showed that Paul at least has his head on straight on certain issues.
---
Steam/PSN: SeraphimJulius
Mini Moose!!
#18TaiIs82Posted 8/13/2011 7:16:57 PM
Santorum was spot on in regards to the topic title. It's also worth reminding everyone that Osama bin Laden and co. declared they were at war with the west years before 9/11 happened, and because of non-interventionists like Paul no one took the threats seriously.

Ron Paul would make the worst possible Republican nominee. Worse than Trump.
---
Lover of free speech and America, defender of life, winner on all counts. Oh, and it's a choice.
6 recoveries, 46 shut ups, 6 price is right losing horns.
#19me_faiyezPosted 8/13/2011 7:30:57 PM(edited)
TaiIs82 posted...
Santorum was spot on in regards to the topic title.

Umm.. no.

It's also worth reminding everyone that Osama bin Laden and co. declared they were at war with the west years before 9/11 happened,

I honestly wonder who could be unaware of that.

and because of non-interventionists like Paul no one took the threats seriously.

Bin-Laden had orchestrated enough terrorism before 9/11 to merit issue of an international capture. He was already wanted. Still, nothing that required a full scale war.

Ron Paul would make the worst possible Republican nominee. Worse than Trump.

Opinions!
---
I think they've taken the freedom and liberty thing a BIT TOO FAR!
-GlowStormLion on Japan's kinks.
#20Pogo_MarimoPosted 8/13/2011 8:18:22 PM
You just got trolled on meUNDERSCOREfaiyez.
---
Endorsed by the C.C.A.A. Booty Patrol
http://www.last.fm/user/Pogo92