This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody hate politics for this reason?

#18KBHsoJ2Y7Posted 8/28/2011 8:14:04 PM
Bush: hurricane katrina, everyone hates him for it
Obama: Hurricane Irene, goes on vacation, no one cares

Bush: nation building in Iraq? Boo
Clinton: nation building in Kosovo? Ignores

This countries political system is failing, not because of republicans or democrats, but because we see each party as a sports team instead of a facility of change. Anyone else tired of this from both sides?
---
Pokemon white FC: 2709-0927-4343
#2Jayjs20Posted 8/28/2011 8:17:03 PM
No, but I do hate people screwing up the facts, especially if they took place less than a week ago.
---
Jayjs20, you sir are pure comedic gold- Rassium
Thank you, I always try alittle.
#38KBHsoJ2Y7(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2011 8:17:46 PM
I didn't see anyone screwing up the facts, did you?
---
#4atmasabrPosted 8/28/2011 8:20:58 PM
*Yawn!* He was on vacation before Hurricane Irene happened.

And to answer your question, yes.
---
Do your own research!
#5acolytesPosted 8/28/2011 8:21:01 PM
No one cared? Tell that to columnists like Michael Reagen who even *****ed about Obama going on vacation in an article about Lybia.
---
"I want your blood...I want your souls...And want 'em both, right now." - Johnny Ringo, Tombstone
#6Jayjs20Posted 8/28/2011 8:22:28 PM(edited)
I did.

Obama went on vacation before news of Irene was made aware. As soon as it was perceived as a threat, Obama cancelled his vacation early to deal with the matter.

This all took place right about a week ago, give or take a couple days.
---
#78KBHsoJ2Y7(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2011 8:23:13 PM
*Yawn!* He was on vacation before Hurricane Irene happened.

And to answer your question, yes.

Bush was reading a book to little kids before 9/11 and the liberals through blame for not stopping the reading. Same difference here. But I'm glad of your answer

No one cared? Tell that to columnists like Michael Reagen who even *****ed about Obama going on vacation in an article about Lybia.
---
"I want your blood...I want your souls...And want 'em both, right now." - Johnny Ringo, Tombstone

Should I call the hyberpole police?
---
#88KBHsoJ2Y7(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2011 8:25:45 PM
Obama went on vacation before news of Irene was made aware. As soon as it was perceived as a threat, Obama cancelled his vacation early to deal with the matter.

What did Obama do? Less than Bush on the matter but that is swept under the rug while Bush still gets hate. It's ridiculous. Blame both men or don't blame both men. You can't pick and choose... Unless you are on the left it seems
---
#9Jayjs20Posted 8/28/2011 8:28:01 PM
You sound like one of those people no one will be able to get through to, so I won't bother.

But I will say this. I think it's hilarious that it's increasingly popular to bash the democrats by means of saying, "Hey! They're just as bad as us republicans!"
---
#10atmasabrPosted 8/28/2011 8:30:57 PM
Bush was reading a book to little kids before 9/11 and the liberals through blame for not stopping the reading. Same difference here. But I'm glad of your answer

And Obama was being criticized for going on vacation well before Irene approached.

Obama was well in command of the situation from his vacation spot. How do I know this if his glorious visage was nowhere to be found? Because every two hours for the past two-three days I kept hearing FEMA this, FEMA that. Obviously, he has them running scared.
---
Do your own research!