This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Party politics do more harm than good.

#1BobberdongPosted 8/28/2011 8:45:51 PM
I detest when someone tries to shoehorn me into a political party, based on one or two issues. Along with that comes all the preconceived notions one might expect. I hate when people go to the voting booth and, ignoring the names and issues of a particular candidate, look for the big R or D next to a name. This two party system has dumbed us down, condensing all the issues into two different letters. It's incredibly sad and terrifying.
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
#28KBHsoJ2Y7Posted 8/28/2011 8:51:57 PM
C: this board is the epitome of this topic too. You aren't left? Prepare for the hate posts despite the right is just as valid as the left. I'm
Glad you get it TC, at least you are one good voter
---
Pokemon white FC: 2709-0927-4343
#3drunkenwalrusPosted 8/28/2011 8:52:26 PM
C
---
If you're ever going to put someone down, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
#4acolytesPosted 8/28/2011 8:53:53 PM
C. If we had more moderates on both sides, we'd be better off.
---
"I want your blood...I want your souls...And want 'em both, right now." - Johnny Ringo, Tombstone
#5Jayjs20Posted 8/28/2011 8:55:25 PM
I'll C to that.

I'm a self-identified democrat but I don't agree with all the democrat stances.

At the end of the day, though, I have a choice between supporting a party I have more in common with, or empowering the party I disagree on more issues with. Playing "lesser of two evils" is really is a sucky game.
---
Jayjs20, you sir are pure comedic gold- Rassium
Thank you, I always try alittle.
#68KBHsoJ2Y7Posted 8/28/2011 8:56:22 PM
At the end of the day, though, I have a choice between supporting a party I have more in common with, or empowering the party I disagree on more issues with. Playing "lesser of two evils" is really is a sucky game.

Proof of topic
---
Pokemon white FC: 2709-0927-4343
#7TaiIs82Posted 8/28/2011 9:27:57 PM
D, it's the best way to do things which is why they developed naturally.
---
Lover of free speech and America, defender of life, winner on all counts. Oh, and it's a choice.
6 recoveries, 50 shut ups, 6 price is right losing horns.
#8andromedadude3Posted 8/28/2011 9:42:20 PM
C, perhaps, but acknowledging the fact will do nothing to combat their deleterious effects. At the end of the day, any stance will find itself ensconced on the one side where it will find a widely sympathetic audience. Complex, nuanced issues result in simplistic political divisions. How else would we proceed?
---
"You think you do, but you don't."
#9Bobberdong(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2011 1:09:03 AM
TaiIs82 posted...
D, it's the best way to do things which is why they developed naturally.

I disagree. It's the EASIEST way.
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
#10Deja Blue 03Posted 8/29/2011 1:10:20 AM
Confirm.
---
I love Owen Wilson. When he tried to commit suicide, I went on a hunger strike. -PresidentSears