This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Supposedly the winner of the Florida primary has historically become the nominee

#1Lloyd_BlankfeinPosted 9/25/2011 3:24:50 AM
Which would be awesome, because Herman Cain is like my 1b selection after Ron Paul.
---
I like shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear.
#2Master MateriaPosted 9/25/2011 3:30:56 AM
He's got the Muslim vote wrapped up for sure....
---
#3Billy Bob JoePosted 9/25/2011 4:21:21 AM
Supposedly the winner of the Florida primary has historically become the nominee

Except when the winner of the Florida primary historically did not become the nominee.
---
Can my Antikythera Mechanism run this? - thenacho
http://www.youtube.com/user/BillyBobJoeIsaac
#4wally(Moderator)Posted 9/25/2011 5:07:45 AM
There's been exactly one GOP primary ever that has involved more than a small handful of states going for the winner.
---
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight
#5wally(Moderator)Posted 9/25/2011 5:08:06 AM
Also, there is absolutely no chance whatsoever of Cain winning the nomination.
---
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight
#6RRtexasranger13Posted 9/25/2011 11:11:30 AM
1) The "Florida Straw Poll" (quoted because who holds the straw poll changes) has not historically become the winner. The Florida Straw Poll in 2007 Huckabee won. The eventual GOP nominee, McCain, got only 1% of the vote.

2) The group of people that held Presidency 5 straw poll have only held 3 other straw polls. Not exactly a large sample size if you are trying to predict the winner.

3) Historically, the previous straw polls were held in mid November, which would be almost two later than this straw poll which adds to the accuracy of how voters feel. Mid November is only about 2.5 months away from the first set of primaries. Compare that to the Ames Straw Poll which is about 6 months away. Heck, it is September right now and we may not even have all of our candidates declared yet, THAT is how early it is.

4) Hermain Cain will not get the nomination, I'd be willing to make a major bet on that.
#7The9thSymphonyPosted 9/25/2011 11:12:17 AM
Cain's black. Running as a Republican.

Have a good day.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/aThanat0s?feature=mhum - Let's Plays (FF7/SO2)
The Dallas Mavericks: 2010/2011 NBA Champions!
#8atmasabrPosted 9/25/2011 11:38:20 AM
The primaries don't begin until 2012. That was a straw poll.

Straw polls are dominated by strawheads. I just made that up.

The reason the Florida primary is so decisive is because is later in the year than the Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina primaries, and it is a large state.
---
Do your own research!
#9sfcalimariPosted 9/25/2011 12:03:10 PM
Cain = pizza joke account
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, the largest 90s styled forum with only a few modern features that nobody asked for.