This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Micheal Moore

#1BardacusPosted 10/10/2011 2:21:48 PM
Hey, I was just wondering how much truth there is in Micheal Moore's documentaries. Particularly Sicko. The stuff he shows makes the American system look bad, but is there anything being hidden? Or is it exactly as he shows it?
#2Bond_543Posted 10/10/2011 2:28:33 PM
Most of what Moore says is propaganda and there are videos out there that debunk and provide a counter point to most of moore's movies.
---
Stop Secular Progressive Dystopias before they ruin America boycott Moveon,MediaMatters,Democracy Alliance,
Think Progress George Soros=Public Enemy #1
#3RufusNKenRSTierPosted 10/10/2011 2:29:13 PM
^ There you have it. Just take the opposite of whatever Bond or Tails says and you have the truth.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173
#4GS4LifePosted 10/10/2011 2:45:22 PM
He has some good points here and there but a lot of if not most of what he spews out is bs.
---
"And to be the best you have to win. And that's what drives me."-Kobe Bryant
#5NeotheLightPosted 10/10/2011 2:59:25 PM
The whole point of the movies is to get the viewers to start talking about the issues it points out.

For your normal person, it needs that kind of shock value.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I'm not a racist. I'm an optimist.
#6TaiIs82Posted 10/10/2011 3:07:50 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/even_cuba_nixed_the_sick_flick_DqtVqZ0vxtoOcvi8pV8qPK

To give you an idea of how out there Michael Moore is.
---
Lover of free speech and America. Defender of life, winner on all counts. Oh, and it's a choice.
Top 1% of 261. 6 recoveries, 51 shut ups, 12 losing horns
#7lorddrago88Posted 10/10/2011 3:26:46 PM
Bond_543 posted...
Most of what Moore says is propaganda and there are videos out there that debunk and provide a counter point to most of moore's movies.

//Conversion of GOP speak to normal English.

If(poster_GameFAQs == Bond_543)
{
//This corrects the message to be what he actually is saying.
poster_Post = poster_Post * (-1);
return (poster_Post);
}

return:
Most of what Moore says is true and there are videos out there that support and provide further evidence to most of moore's movies.

---
---If I suspect you have an agenda or have no intention of listening, I may not respond to your post. Deal with it.---
#8Bardacus(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 6:39:39 PM
So it sounds like a good portion of it is true. Thanks. Anyone else want to say anything.
#9PerfectFoePosted 10/10/2011 6:44:29 PM
I've only watched a bit of Michael Moore's stuff, and it was that scene from Bowling For Columbine where he tricked Charlton Heston into giving an interview by claiming he was an NRA member, then he started blaming the deaths of Columbine on Heston just because he was the NRA president.

I've had no interest in seeing his other stuff since then.
---
Do you, Mr. Jones?
#10FiNaLFAnTaSyTaCtIxPosted 10/10/2011 7:05:12 PM
Having also watched Bowling for Columbine (college English II teacher made us watch it), I became aware of his tactics, which formed some of the most deceptive and illogical string of "conclusions" I have ever seen in a (unwittingly mock) documentary, if they can even be called such. Even his own misleading premises would not have led one to conclude with views supporting his own.

Along with his recent comments about wanting to do away with Capitalism, I have no interest in listening to anymore of his lies or indoctrination, and his hailed presence in the Occupy Wall Street movement says how well his propaganda has spread throughout schools and media outlets.