This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Micheal Moore

#11SirThinkALotPosted 10/10/2011 8:29:17 PM(edited)
MIcheal Moore tends to ignore evidence that doesnt fit his views, exaggerate evidence that does, draws conclusions that arent warranted by the evidence, sees conspiracies where none exist, and has been known to outright lie on occasion.

Sicko in particular, way understates the problems with delivery of healthcare in countries with socialized medicine, and fails to examine WHY the problems that beset American healthcare exist....

...Then again to be fair hes not unique in that respect. Nobody from the right or the left has been willing to seriously examine the issue...probably because doing so would force us to reexamine a lot of assumptions about health insurance, how care should be delivered, etc...

Its not too hard to find rebuttals to the things MIcheal Moore has written/made. I'm sure a Google search will turn up plenty.
---
Read my blog: http://sirthinkalotsthoughts.blogspot.com/
PSN name: SirThinkALot
#12RamboCell29Posted 10/10/2011 10:01:12 PM
From what I have seen of his work, he likes to exaggerate certain facts in order to invoke some kind of emotional outcry from his audience. I cannot say I have ever seen him lie, but to say he presents both sides of a story is ludicrous. The man has an agenda just like anyone with access to a TV camera.
#13TheRealJiraiyaPosted 10/10/2011 10:02:55 PM
Hes a liberal propagandist, and not someone I would take as a primary source. If youre interested in what he has to say, by all means, watch him, but I think even Moore himself would admit he is far from objective.
---
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken
#14atmasabrPosted 10/10/2011 10:06:40 PM
SirThinkALot posted...
MIcheal Moore tends to ignore evidence that doesnt fit his views, exaggerate evidence that does, draws conclusions that arent warranted by the evidence, sees conspiracies where none exist, and has been known to outright lie on occasion.

That's pretty much my take on him, minus the lying part.
---
Do your own research!