This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Romney/Santorum is the inevitable GOP ticket

#21IvashankoPosted 3/20/2012 10:52:27 PM
A Romney-Santorum ticket will never happen. they despise each other. If you think its actually possible you have no clue how the process even works

You are right that they dislike each other- I know people in both Romney's and Santorum's campaign and they have stated that multiple times.

Actually a good friend of mine has had dealings with Santorum before, and apparently he is quite a bitter man.

Anyways, Romney might be forced to pick Santorum if he has no other way to get the amount of delegates required to win the nomination.
#22JolteonPosted 3/20/2012 11:08:47 PM

If that's what you think a blog looks like I can understand why you think the look poorly-written (???).

If it helps, let's change it to "LiveJournal".
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#23McSame_as_BushPosted 3/21/2012 4:50:09 AM
Jolteon posted...
If that's what you think a blog looks like I can understand why you think the look poorly-written (???).
If it helps, let's change it to "LiveJournal".

Yesssss. This.
---
Can I run my hands through your car wash hair?
http://i.imgur.com/oz0mi.jpg
#24HyperShadow4321Posted 3/21/2012 5:02:35 AM
I feel like Romney/Gingrich is more likely than Romney/Santorum. Neither is probably more likely though. Conservatives, devout-Republicans, evangelicals, etc. want to see Obama defeated regardless of who the GOP candidate is.

I feel like whoever the VP choice is, it's going to have to be somebody that can help sway undecideds, minorities, etc. And that's something I doubt Santorum will do since he pretty much only swings for hard-core conservaties.
#25atmasabrPosted 3/21/2012 5:42:00 AM
Jolteon posted...
Rawr! What happened to "I would never speak so disrespectfully"?

About someone who just died?
---
Do your own research!
#26DionysusPosted 3/21/2012 6:14:50 AM
"What about "the process" precludes the possibility? The general consensus is that Romney has to pick, if not Santorum himself, then a Santorum-like figure. Also take into consideration that Santorum currently holds no office. He's not risking anything to accept the offer. And even if they appear to "despise each other," the same thing was said about Reagan and Bush in 1980. Guess what the ticket ended up being in that election?"

Bush helped Reagan by giving him foreign policy experience and brains. Santorum potentially hurts Romney. Romney didn't kowtow to the religious nuts during this primary, and he's not going to start doing it in the general election. And he's not going to hang out with a guy that can't stop blathering on about birth control.

Romney can select one of a few governors that wouldn't hurt him, and might help him in their home states. Alternatively, he could grab someone with appreciable foreign policy credentials, although the last Bush administration probably tarnished a lot of those people. He won't touch Santorum, Paul, or Gingrich.
#27Justin2KrelianPosted 3/21/2012 9:32:16 AM
I feel like Romney/Gingrich is more likely than Romney/Santorum.

Considering how many people in this thread are saying "no way they hate each other!!", I would think Romney\Gingrich seems even less likely. I guess it's possible, but also Santorum could argue that he has more delegates (again, I'm talking brokered convention).
#28EndgamePosted 3/21/2012 12:08:03 PM
I dont think Palin was a bad a pick for McCain was as bad a pick as most people seem to think. Yes she gets a lot of hate(and rightly so) from the left, but conservitives really seem to like her(or least did during the campaign) for some reason. She didnt cost him the election, with support for Bush's wars and antiterrorism policies diminished and both conservitive and liberal backlash against his bailout plans, a republican victory was pretty much impossible that election. If anything picking Pailin picked him up more votes from conservitives who didnt like McCain and would either have not voted or gone to another party....
correct

it was bad for the rest of us (when will she ****ing go away?!), but she did fire up the republican base

but you know the republican base, they would get fired up by anyone who goes against what the "liberals" stand for, no matter how utterly stupid, or absolutely evil

seriously, I honestly believe that Megatron could effortlessly turn these morons against the Autobots
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#29Link4prezPosted 3/21/2012 1:58:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#30flacodiabloPosted 3/23/2012 9:42:21 AM
Romney + Joe the Plumber